Salvation

"Okay, we have all night to do whatever you want. Why don't we go to the movies!" Tamara screamed while entering the apartment. Lucy ran to her, embracing her in a tight hug.

"Hi! Oh, you don't know how much I've missed you," Lucy cooed, playing with Tamara's hair.

After a few minutes, the two met again in the living room, both dressed in similar outfits. The two made sure they were ready, then headed out for their movie night.

Trusting Tamara, she let her finally drive, which ended in them almost losing their limbs.

"No way I'll ever let you drive again," Lucy chuckled, looking out the window. She pulled out her phone, texting a quick message to Tim.

Lucy C: "Miss me?"

Tim B: I'm sure you know the answer to that...

Lucy's heart fluttered, and she looked over to Tamara, who was busy singing some song on aux.

"Hey, Tams." Lucy nudged her, setting her phone in her lap.

"I think I might have fallen for Tim," she rolled her head on the seat, biting at her cheek.

"I knew it!" Tamara stepped on the brake whilst hitting a red light.

"Jeez!" Lucy was startled, bringing her arm over Tamara's chest.

Way to kill us both.

"It was so obvious!" She laughed, clapping her hands together.

"Aw, come on. It wasn't that bad." Lucy rolled her yes with a smile growing.

"Really? So you two flirting whenever he came over wasn't enough for you? Or how about anytime he walked in the room you would starting playing with your fingers?" Tamara shook her head, resuming her drive.

"Okay, okay," Lucy chuckled, her face suddenly red.

"Thanks for being cool about it," Lucy touched Tamara's shoulder.

"Well, he's super hot, and I do get free coffee anytime he comes over, so I'm not complaining. Oh, hey, if you ever need me to turn my music really loud, you let me know. Maybe stay at a friend's house for the night.." she chuckled, swerving into a parking lot.

Lucy went back to her phone, typing on the lit screen as she waited for Tamara in the restroom. She sat herself at the top row, a bowl of popcorn in one arm.

Tim B: You gonna be out all night?

Lucy C: Tam kept yawning the whole way here, I think we'll just go home after this.

Tamara walked up the steps, throwing multiple bags of candy toward Chen. The two watched their movie, ending in them walking out after ten minutes.

"That was awful" Lucy whined, hopping into the passenger's seat again.

"I thought I was driving us," Chen looked over to Tamara, who was far too busy buckling her seatbelt. Tamara looked back at her, a small smirk plastered on her face as she started the car. Lucy rolled her eyes with a chuckle, rolled down her window, and let the brisk air hit her face.

-

Lucy C: She ended up falling asleep in the backseat the minute we got out of that restaurant. I'll just wake her up when we get home, she's probably had a horrible few days.

Tim B: I'm sure she's fine, Lucy. She isn't a puppy.

Lucy C: Alright... We'll talk tomorrow?

After finally texting Tim for the last time that night, she threw her phone into the passenger's seat, leaving the almost-empty parking lot. Her brain whirled with what she would propose to Bradford the next morning. Would they become a couple? Stay friends?

Chen drove over to a nearby liquor store before turning her street. Leaving a text message for Tamara, Lucy entered the small shop, and a small bell rang over her head. She greeted the cashier, her eyes curious as she looked through the various amounts of alcohol.

Finally deciding on a six-pack, Lucy walked over to the counter. "Hey, Lucas." She smiled, titling her had with slim eyes and rosy cheeks. She ran her fingers through her hair, pulling out her wallet.

She entered her car again, looking back at the sleepy girl.

"Tamara? We're home." Lucy whispered, turning off her car. The girl woke up, yawning into her hands with her eyes squinted. Chen grabbed the pack of beer and began her walk up to the building. Tamara followed in suit, groaning as they walked into the elevator.

"Are you going to work for the Hyland's tomorrow?" Lucy looked behind her shoulder, glancing at the mirrored wall for a moment.

Tamara nodded, yawning again.

-

Lucy and Tamara ended the night by watching their own movies, Collins hogging the candy and Chen hogging the blankets.

The two said their goodnights with a hug and headed for their rooms after their peaceful night in.

Lucy removed her clothing, took a quick shower, then dashed for her closet, with her wet feet padding the floor, searching for her robe. Her eyes darted to a small pile of dark clothing, Chris' clothes. She'd forgotten to return the articles of clothing a few months back after their first night together. She reached for the gray T-Shirt, bringing it to her face. She nuzzled her nose into the soft material, letting a few tears trickle down her cheeks. She was now making a puddle beneath herself, the water from her legs trailing to the wooden floor.

Her sadness suddenly evaporated, and the between of her eyebrows crinkled in anger. She removed the shirt from her face, sniffling. She wiped the tears that had fallen to her cheeks, adjusting the towel around her body. She stomped over to the kitchen, pulling out a drawer. In her hands were now a pair of scissors, and she found herself cutting multiple holes into the gray tee. Her sniffles turned into more tears, then sobs and hiccups.

Though Lucy tried being quiet as she cut off the collar of the hideous shirt, Tamara walked out of her bedroom, arms crossed and eyes blurry as she tried adjusting to the lit candles. Her expression immediately changed from curiosity to sympathy, and she quickly ran to Lucy, wrapping her slim arms around Lucy. Chen immediately melted in the embrace, letting her head rest on Tamara's shoulder. She dropped the scissors and shirt, hugging Tamara back.

"He's gone, Lucy. You don't have to worry about him." She hushed Chen, running her hands up and down her back. Lucy held tightly to Tamara, scared she would be hurt next.

"I know, I know. It- it's just... his stuff is still here. It's not like I treated him fairly, he had the right to act out. Maybe if I had just-" Lucy began, though was stopped when Tamara spoke.

"Lucy, no. You treated him fine. He was the one who lashed out, he tried to kill you. It's not like he didn't get you a birthday present." Tamara gave out a soft smile, mirroring onto Lucy. Chen wiped at the tears on her cheeks, again, closing her eyes for a moment. "Sorry I woke you up," she sniffled, looking at the girl before her. When did the girl I found on the streets turn into such a wise woman?

"I'm alright. If you want I can call off my shift tomorrow, we can have a chill day." Tamara suggested, shrugging her shoulders. Lucy let go of her embrace, squatting to the floor to grab her belongings.

"I'll be okay. You wanna help me out?" Lucy chuckled, offering Tamara the scissors. The brunette nodded with a clear smirk, tying up her hair.

Lucy went back to her room, changed into her robe, then grabbed the rest of Chris' clothes. She's right, he treated me terribly. It wasn't on me.

She entered the kitchen, sitting beside Tamara on the floor.

"Hey, now you've got Officer Zaddy. You upgraded." Tamara raised her eyebrows with a wink, stabbing at the shirt with the large scissors.

Their night ended in them destroying all of Chris' shirts, giggles, and a few more of Lucy's sobs.

"Actually, I'm not sure we're gonna be together,"