Chapter 1: How Did I Get Here? (Y/N L/N POV)

Your pov|

I was running from the cops again. Alban was waiting for me at our corner.
"Y/n!" he called out. "Open the portal!" smart cat. I opened the portal and we both went through.

But... Something went wrong. Alban wasn't near me. Where was I?

I stood up off the floor from where I had previously been sitting. This is weird, am I in a warehouse? Wait... I recognise this place! This is where Alban and I first met when we were kids. Was I still in Diamond City? Where the heck am I?!
I opened my portal menu and looked at the history. It was wiped clear? what the heck is going on...

Oh no. I checked around the warehouse for Alban. It didn't work. I opened another portal to where Alban should be. Were we in different timelines? what the hell is going on? I went through the portal and saw something I shouldn't have seen. 16 grown men scared shitless pinned against the wall. Alban was tied up and the guys were staring at me. "Problem, fellas?" I looked at them. They just shook their head. I closed the portal and untied Alban. 

I pulled him up. 

"Listen guys, next time you want to kidnap my dear friend while I'm asleep, I will hunt your asses down and send you to the demon dimension" I smiled at them. "Onii-san, can we go now?" I nodded and opened the portal again when I heard a voice. it was a calm and deep Australian voice. "a portal hopper?!" He yelled. I looked back to see one of the officers I was running from. "Sonny?!" Alban and I shouted at the same time, out of shock. 

Sonny looked just as surprised. I closed the portal while Alban ran to him. "Do you know what's going on?" Sonny shook his head. I crossed my arms. "Alban, we need to go. Sonny, come with us if you want..." I re-opened the portal. It was going to my apartment. The scared men seemed to regain their senses and ran towards us. I pulled them both into the portal with me. 

The portal closed shortly after landing in my apartment. Sonny landed beside me and Alban landed on us. 

Alban Knox, the kid that I have hung around with since I was 5. We met in an abandoned warehouse in Diamond City. I'm a few years older than him. I call him Cat and he called me Onii-san for a bit. We are so close, we are like brothers. we committed our first crime when he was 7. I don't remember how old I was. 
Sonny brisko. We have known him since we committed our first crime. He was helping his parent in a store when we stole something pretty expensive. I had to hide Alban. after all, he was still young. Being the older brother, I took the fall for it. Sonny reprimanded me thoroughly, but I was just trying to look after the little Cat. 

Thankfully, his parents felt pity on us and took us in until I was old enough to keep Alban legally. We still stole stuff, but it was in our DNA.

Sonny huffed. "Portal travelling is still nauseating to me" he stayed lying on the floor when I offered to help him up. Everything I owned with Alban was still here but... when I checked my phone, it said 2023. Remember, I'm from the future. 

I checked everything, over and over. I checked on the traumatised 18-year-old that is Alban. He was a little scarred but I promised him that I wouldn't leave him again. Sonny promised too. I tried to think of how I somehow miscalculated my portal so hard that I went back to the warehouse but in 2023, when I and Alban wouldn't have even been conceived. 

I don't know how. My ability to move through portals had stopped me from going further than when I was born, so I couldn't have met my parents. I hummed to myself. My portal history was gone as well. Wait, I'm missing something. I checked for the little notepad I kept as a backup of all my portal ventures. 

"Onii-san? what's wrong?" Alban sounded worried. I sighed. "Don't worry, little cat, I'm fine" I ruffled his hair. He sighed. Sonny finally stood up. "So, what are we going to do?" He asked. I thought quietly. "Stay here and live like normal people. I was a history buff in school, I know the stuff that pisses people off in this timeline." I replied. 

Despite being a criminal, I still went to school and did well. Sonny sat beside Alban and hugged him tightly, comforting the scared Cat. I tried to figure out what to do. I need to ground myself first, then talk to Alban and Sonny. 
I went to my room. It was the same as before. Deep breaths, Y/n. I looked in the mirror. I traced my fingers over my portal markings. They lit up a little as I calmed down. They blended into my skin eventually. I had to look more human. I looked at my clothing. They look so cybernetic. My fingerless gloves were what controlled the portals. Once they stop shining green, I would have to take a break and charge them for a week. Ultimately, I charge them regularly so they don't run out at the wrong time. 

I was calm. I went back to Alban and Sonny. "Do either of you remember what happened after we arrived here?" 

Sonny thought quietly, then spoke up. "I don't remember exactly but I know that you opened a portal while I was chasing you then everything went dark and I woke up somewhere that felt familiar but I didn't recognise it. It was a bright white room, like a hospital room?" he guessed. Alban was similar. He thought quietly then spoke up. 
"I remember telling you to open the portal and we went through but I woke up in the warehouse, you were unconscious beside me. Then the men took me and tied me up!" He said with a hint of anger. "I met the head honcho too. He's your type, Onii!" I looked at him. 
"What do you mean?" I scratched my neck. He giggled. "He's tall, and blonde and loves danger, just like you" I gave him a deadpan look.

"not the time to talk about my love life, Alban" I spoke with a monotone. He laughed. Sonny laughed too. "Not funny!" I spoke, flustered. 

Chapter 1 ends. wordcount- 1093