Chapter 11: Rainy Days and Nightmares [Luca Kaneshiro POV]

Luca Kaneshiro's POV | 

"So... Basically... We made out and one thing led to another in his room. He is so cute and sweet." I gushed. I knew I was blushing and Lucy just shook her head at me. "Mean and evil mafia boss, hm?" I gave her this frowny look. "I AM mean and evil!!!" I huffed angrily.

Lucy giggled. "Alright Luca, stop before you pop a blood vessel" She ruffled my hair. I looked away from her. "I expect to be your maid of honour at your wedding, Lucarrrr," she said jokingly. I rolled my eyes playfully. 

I pushed my head into my pillow. "Y/n's bed is softer than mine" I hummed softly. Lucy giggled. "Go mattress shopping then, Luca! We need to get new ones anyway" Lucy hummed in response. I nodded. "Tomorrow then" 

We heard a light tapping on the window, it was starting to rain. Lucy sighed. "It's raining but it's so WARM!!" She groaned. I understood her feelings. The weather was strange as heck. "Hopefully it isn't like this tomorrow" I spoke up. I find the rain relaxing unless I'm outside in it. 

I stood up and stretched. "I'm so TIRED" I sighed. "I've been outside all day and I just want to take a nap. " I complained. Lucy took the hint to leave my room. "I'll be playing with Lupup downstairs" I nodded and flopped on my bed after she left. It was unexplainable comfy. 

I fell asleep pretty quickly and started to dream. 

|Luca's dream/nightmare thing begins|| TW: Blood, death and weaponry|

I sat up and looked beside me. Y/n was beside me. It was daytime and he was playing with a baby. A real baby. "Dada!" The baby pointed at me. Y/n looked at me. "Good morning, Luca!" He kissed me on the forehead. "Lucien has been awake since 4.30 AM." He said tiredly. Do I have a son? I couldn't stop myself from smiling. My mouth moved before I could even think. "I'm glad we have him. " 

Y/n smiled as well. "Me too! I'm glad he and [Girls name] were okay"

[Girl's name]? As soon as I thought of the name, a girl, around 4/5 years old came running in. "Dads!" she jumped on the bed with us. Lucien reached out to me and [girl's name] sat between Y/n and I. I felt a sense of pride. Everything around me flashed and when it stopped, the kids were hurt. [Girls name] had protected Lucien as best as she could. Where was Y/n?! 

I felt my breath hitch. I got out of bed to console the kids. "[Girls name] Where's your dad?" I asked as gently as I could. There was blood all around the place and a bunch of dead guys. I was also covered in blood. "He is outside... he said he was protecting us..." My stomach sank. I picked up Lucien and held [Girl's name]'s hand. I took them to the nursery. I placed my son into the crib and kneeled to [Girl's name]'s height. "If anything happens, call 112" I handed my phone to her. I hugged her and locked the nursery. They were safe in there. 

I grabbed my gun from my nightstand and ran downstairs. The house was a mess. Y/n isn't one for mess. I looked around carefully. There were more dead guys. None of them were Y/n. I walked into the kitchen and dropped my gun. Y/n was lying on the floor, lifeless. 

|Dream sequence ended|

I woke up calling his name. Lucy ran in and flicked the light on. "Luca! Is everything okay?" She sat beside me and steadied me. "I... I had a nightmare. That's all" It felt surreal. I need to take a walk and call Y/n. "You scared me a little. Are you sure you're alright?" Lucy sounded a bit concerned. "I'll be fine. Are you okay? Sorry that I scared you" I pulled her into a hug. I haven't felt this anxious before. "I'm gonna go for a walk before going back to sleep, alright?" I looked at Lucy. Lucy nodded and smiled. "I'll probably be asleep when you come back" she laughed. I half-laughed. 

She went back to bed and I pulled my shoes on. I put my jacket on and went outside. The rain was a bit heavy, but it isn't anything I haven't dealt with before. That nightmare... started sweet. I had a little boy and a little girl. How did it go so sour? I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to my contact list. It was pretty late, Y/n might be sleeping. I hit his contact and pressed ring. 

The phone rang twice before Y/n picked up. "Hey Luca, what's up?" he asked. I sighed with relief. "Nothing much just missed your voice" It wasn't a lie. I heard him sigh softly. "Cute ass" I heard him mumble. "No you" I giggled quietly. I heard him giggle quietly too. "How bad is the rain out there... I want to go for a walk" He sighed. He must have moved on his bed. I heard his bed creak. "Come walk with me then" I offered with a smile. I listened for a reply. "I am very sleepy..." He did sound tired. "And on top of that, I used my gloves a lot today and I am on the verge of portal hopping headache" 

I thought quietly. "If you want to hang up you can, alright?" I smiled, knowing that he could drift to sleep at any moment. It was quiet. I could hear his soft, gentle breath. "N-no it's... fine" he yawned. I smiled. He's committed, isn't he? "Come on, y/n, go to sleep. I will text you in the morning" I spoke softly. Y/n hummed. "Okay... mwah.." he gave me a virtual kiss. I giggled and returned it. "Sleep well, Y/n" I felt more relieved. 

"You too, Luca" he hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket. He is safe. My heartbeat was steadied, just knowing he was safe and breathing and not shot through the head. I began to walk home. I didn't realise how far I walked when I was talking to Y/N. I felt my heart flutter. He can give me calm thoughts. 

All that was in my head was the thought of him smiling when we got back to his apartment yesterday. I could still see that smile. Once I reached home I locked up and went to my room. I put my nighttime clothes on and got under the covers, then put my phone on charge. I fell asleep at the thought of him smiling. 

I only dreamed good dreams now.

Chapter 11 ends. wordcount- 1120