Chapter 13: The mission might end badly (Luca Kaneshiro POV

Luca Kaneshiro's POV| The next day, at the mission | 

Y/n looked nervous. I squeezed his hand three times. He had his face covering on, that he was going to take off when talking to the kids. 

"Y/n, look at me" I ordered him a little. He looked at me, quizzically. "What?" he was biting his lip, I could tell. "You'll be okay, I promise" I nodded at him slightly. He nodded back and opened a portal for us to go through. We were outside the kid's room. His demeanour changed to being gentle. He closed the portal and went in first. I followed. They looked like the kids from my nightmare. 

Y/n took his face covering off and kneeled at the little girl's height. "Do you like music?" He asked. "Yeah! I do!" I smiled and went over to the younger one, the little boy. I gave him a toy to gain his trust. We heard the crashing of Vox and Mysta kicking the front door down. Y/N put headphones on the little girl and played house with her while I just covered the little boy's ears. I looked over at Y/N who looked a little pale. "Hey, why don't we go to the park, yeah? That'll be fun!" Y/n was able to keep his voice steady. 

The kids got excited immediately. "But... Mommy always makes us get dressed before going outside" the little girl said innocently. Y/n and I looked at each other hesitantly. "Are you able to dress yourself?" I asked softly. The little girl nodded. "What about your brother?" Y/n asked. "Mommy normally helps him get dressed" We both sighed quietly. Y/n picked up the little boy and some outfits. I picked out an outfit for the little girl and we went to the bathroom to dress the little boy. Y/n did it for me, I just kept watch. The kid did look a little cute, Y/n was able to put him into cute clothes. He picked the child up and we checked on the little girl. 

What were their names you might ask? Lucien and Clara. I had to remind myself every few hours by looking at the file. Clara was ready in her little outfit. Y/n just handed me Lucien to open the portal for us the go through. The kids looked at it in utter shock. "That's so cool!!" Clara spoke out. y/n pulled the three of us through and we were at the park. Lucien was starting to cry. I swayed gently. I felt nervous. "Luca... was this a good idea?" Y/n whispered. I don't remember him being this nervous in the time I've known him. We watched as Clara ran off to the swings and slide. I stayed sitting down with the baby while Y/n went to push Clara on the swings and help her onto the slide and other things. 

His outfit was enough to make me flustered, but he was like a fun uncle or older brother to these kids. He knew exactly what to do. Lucien was sitting up and being playful. I went to the baby swings and placed Lucien in it and pushed it gently. Y/n looked like he was having fun, just hanging out with Clara. I felt... empathy. These kids are going to be without a father. I looked at Clara then Lucien. they were so young. I don't even know if these kids are going to be put in the foster system. 

We got a message from Vox saying that he needed people to clean up. I sent a message to my men that they needed to clean up. I kept pushing Lucien in the swing, I made sure I was being gentle. Y/n was being careful with Clara. These kids would need to go home soon. Why was I regretting this so badly? Was it because of my nightmare? Why am I being soft? I took a few deep breaths. I thought Y/n was nervous earlier, but I must've been projecting. I'm supposed to be mean and evil not soft! I should've been the one there to shoot the guy straight through the skull. 

I shouldn't be feeling this bad, he's repaying with his life. I need to be tough. I AM tough! I am NOT a... never mind yes I am. 

Maybe I should let Lucy take over the mafia, So I can focus on Y/n and our relationship. I can feel this pit in my stummy that made me feel sick. I noticed the Y/N looked sick as well. I got the text that we were good to go. "Y/N let's go" I called to him. We took Clara and Lucien and went back to their house via a portal, leaving them in the nursery. "Be good, okay?" I whispered to the kids. 

Y/n and I went downstairs and looked at Vox and Mysta. They both seemed sad. Y/N put the face cover back on, he didn't want to be seen. We left the house ASAP and got back to our base. I sat on one sofa in my office and let Y/n fall asleep on me. He needed to sleep after his first proper mission today. 

Vox and Mysta sighed. Ike and Shu seemed uncomfortable. Maybe we had all outgrown the mafia. For the first time in a while, I watched Vox and Ike comfort each other while Mysta and Shu just hug in comforting silence. 

Have I outgrown it? Why was I feeling so... strange? 

I rubbed Y/N's arm while he slept in my arms. I carefully moved his mask off. He looked so peaceful. We were all just silent. I decided to break the silence. "How do we feel about the girls taking over our positions?" I asked hesitantly. They all looked at me and nodded in unison. So, that's it then. Lucy will take over my role as the mafia boss, Ivy would take over Ike's role of being the informant, Voxanne and Mysty would take over being the head hunters and Shusan would take the healing role. 

Y/n snuggled into me a bit. I felt his silent breaths on my neck. I remember doing my first mission and crashing as soon as I got home. I smiled to myself. Y/n could still work here if he wants, but I won't be working here anymore. 

Chapter 13 ends. last wordcount before the after chapter- 1069