Chapter 6: What is this? (Luca Kaneshiro POV)

Luca Kaneshiro's POV| Three weeks later| Y/n's first week in the mafia

Y/n got us out of some sticky situations already and he's only working here one week. I have noticed something about him. He seems a lot more stressed and anxious. I mean, working in the mafia will do that but when we met him first, he was so apprehensive. He walked past my office and I pulled him in. "Hm~!!" He whimpered. I looked at him. He made eye contact with me. I admired his E/C eyes. They were very pretty. He was blushing and pulled away from my touch. "Sorry, sir, I don't have the paperwork ready, I-" "Y/n. Call me Luca." He was silent. 

"I just want to know why you have been so nervous," I told him as softly as I could. He looked at the floor. I tilted his head up to look at me. "Just home stuff." He said bluntly. "It's nothing" I knew it was dangerous for him to be in the mafia when he had two brothers that could spill anything but he was quiet about it. He wouldn't make eye contact anymore. "Y/n... you can talk to me, as a friend, not as your boss," he still wouldn't look at me. I glanced at his face and noticed him hiding his face. I sighed. I took his hand gently away from his face and made him look at me. "Don't hide your pretty face, Y/n, I don't want you feeling self-conscious, okay?" 

He melted into my hand and looked at me. "I'm sorry" he apologized. I looked at him, confused. "What are you apologizing for?" I asked. He didn't sound too pog right now. He looked at me. He looked sad. "I shouldn't have brought my family problems into this" he sighed and leaned away from my hand. He tried to act cold but I could see right through it. "It doesn't matter" His hands were firmly in his pocket. I walked to my desk and leaned on it. he stayed at a distance.

 Was he scared of me? I wouldn't be surprised, after all, I am the mean and cruel mafia boss. He seems like a toughened kid. He said he's the oldest of his brothers but I have no information about him. I looked him over. He was wearing somewhat normal attire. Black clothes that cover his metallic skin grafts and some black gloves to cover the metal portal gloves. They still work. 

"Y/n, would you like to go for lunch with me, Vox, Ike, shu and Mysta in a moment?" He looked at me and nodded hesitantly. He was fidgeting. He didn't say much, not like usual. "do you want to sit down? I'm a little worried that you might pass out right now. Your looking a little flushged" I laughed. He walked to the seat in front of me and sat down. I sat beside him. "So, you wanna talk about it? You have been pretty cold this week" I was honest. He inhaled softly. "Alban doesn't trust me, Sonny never trusted me. I am the disappointment of the family, even though as soon as I got out of school, I took Alban, got a job and an apartment, and looked after him his whole life. I just want to be appreciated the way you appreciated me that night..." He took a breath and sighed.

He looked dead inside. "that's not pog" was all I could manage. He started laughing very hard. "D-dumbass," he managed to get out through his laughs. I laughed as well, his laugh was contagious. He finally stopped laughing and he smiled for the first time this week. He wiped his eyes because he had been laughing so hard. "Fuck I haven't laughed this hard in a while" I smiled. "Good, now let's get food. We want to get sushi but if that's not what you want, then I can get some different food" I smiled again and offered. 

"I kind of like sushi. I think I might just have F/F," he said. We stood up and went to the car. The driver made eye contact with me. I shook my head and he nodded. We had a 5-second conversation within 2 seconds. Y/n picked at his nails and the skin around his nails. I felt bad for him. I kept looking at him. He didn't seem to notice. I noticed little things, like how his shirt showed off his lower torso, just the way I enjoy. I noticed his breathing was slightly off in car rides and that his eyes constantly seemed like they were scanning for something as if he were robotic. He has metal skin grafts then blend into his skin so smoothly. His non-metal skin was softer than anything I'd ever felt. 

He finally looked over at me. "I can feel you staring" he caught my attention out of my daydream. "Oh uh Sorry hahaha" I laughed nervously.  He looked over at me with a strange look. "You keep doing that, every time we have a mission to do you keep looking at me. Do I have something on my face?" He giggled. I smiled. {Yeah, you have a pretty smile on your face} I thought quietly and shook my head. He cocked his head to the side. "Are you sure? is it like... a pimple or something?" he felt over his face with his fingers. I shook my head again, laughing this time. "No, there's nothing on your face, I promise" I held out my pinky to bind the promise. 

"Oh. I forgot that you still do those" he bound the promise carefully. I looked at him, puzzled. "In my time, we don't do pinky promises over the age of 4... Not to sound condescending or anything! I promise, I'm not against them just not used to them!" He started to blush from embarrassment. "Don't worry hahaha" I reassured him. 

The car stopped. "Mr Kaneshiro, we're here." The driver said.

TIME FOR SOME GOOD FOOD!!

Chapter 6 ends. Wordcount- 1009