Chapter 12: Once A Theif (Y/N L/N POV)

| Your POV || A few days later|

I pulled my face mask over my face. Luca needs me to scope this place out for Vox and Mysta to do their thing. I walked around the building looking for weak points. Maybe I could steal something while I'm here, the klepto in me is sad.

It was a little dark out here, I can't very see well. I tightened my grip on my knife. I hope Alban is having no trouble distracting the police for a while. I found an open window. I checked to make sure there is a ledge for me to portal to, then I acted out my plan. I closed the portal and went through the window carefully and quietly.

This is dangerous and enthralling. I looked around. I'm in a nursery? God, I hope the kid or kids will be safe when they infiltrate. Nothing valuable here though... I snuck out of the room and found the best spot for entry. I took a picture of it and quickly found a place to steal stuff from. "Hurry up Y/n," Ike said. I forgot he could hear and see what I'm looking at. "got it, four eyes" I whisper shouted.

I took some small vases and random objects then made my way around the house sneakily. Hopefully, I get to use this knife at some point. "HEY!" I turned around to find a tall robot dude. He had cybernetic limbs. "Fulgar?!" I looked him over. "Y/n?!" he sounded surprised. "What are you doing here? I thought you were still in the future"

I thought quickly. "I'm just here to help an old friend with some unfinished business" I hope he buys this lie. Fulgar looked me over and nodded. "I'll let you do what you need to do. If you need any help, give me a shout" Yes. He bought it. "will do, man" I replied. I gotta make it out safely... But the kleptomaniac in me was more. I haven't stolen anything since I got to this timeline.

I ducked into a room. "Ike. We have a problem" I spoke quietly. I heard Ike huff. "what happened?" he said with a little bit of a tone. I gritted my teeth. "one of the security knows I'm here. They think I'm helping someone here" I held my breath, waiting for his answer. "I... Didn't sign up for this" I heard his growl.

"what do I do? The advantage point is too high up" he hummed at my statement. I heard a clicking and a small sigh. "Go downstairs and scope that area. Try not to steal anything," He huffed at me. "Alright, thanks" I looked around carefully before making a run for the stairs. 

I went down the stairs as quietly as I could until I heard voices. "I still need to pay that guy back but I don't have the money," a masculine voice said. I heard a female sigh. "You better pay him back, or my brother will kill you" Lucy? I snuck towards the room they were talking to. The voice.. sounded like Voxanne. This isn't good. "Ike" I whispered. "Record this asap." 

Ike gave a small hum. I heard a tiny beep in my ear to say that the recording started. "He isn't exactly the happiest when Luca sends him head hunting." This isn't okay. Is Voxanne sabotaging us? "I know but I can't pay him back. I have kids to look after for Christ's sake." Fuck. I can't even see if it's Voxanne talking. 

I looked around the corner enough to see but not be seen. Black hair in a ponytail, pale skin, distinct voice. Shit. I need to get out of here, I'll just steal a candy bar later. I got away from the room and escaped as quickly as I could. "Ike, I need you to stop recording and send it to Luca, ASAP. I will be retreating to the van soon." I spoke with seriousness. "Okay Y/N, go to Luca's house so we can go over the footage we got today. " He agreed. He sounded serious as well. 

I got further into the woods so I didn't get caught. As I stepped through the portal, I felt super lightheaded. Oh god, not now. I was able to get Luca's attention before I hit the floor. I felt his warmth and I could smell that distinct smell of gunpowder and lavender. He took my bag off me and helped me get the recording equipment off. 

I felt him pick me up like I was his bride. "Luca, I'm sorry" I hugged him. I buried my face into his boobs. Luca ran his hand up and down my back. I felt him change from standing to sitting. He had me on his lap. "You did well, Y/n, I promise" He kissed the top of my head. "I will get to the bottom of it!" I laughed at his enthusiasm. 

I opened the menu on the gloves and checked how many charges it had left. I still have over 200 charges on it... I wonder why this dizziness kicked in. I barely used the portal gloves today. Ugh, I need a painkiller. I reached over to my bag and took out one capsule and pulled out my water bottle. I took the painkiller and drank some water. 

"Luca, I need to steal something from a gas station," I told him bluntly. He looked at me. "Didn't you steal something from that house?" I blushed red. "I did... but it didn't fill the craving," I admitted. Luca shook his head at me and kissed me more. "Let's do it later, alright?" I nodded. 

The other boys came into the room with a scowl, especially Vox. "How DARE she?!" He yelled. I flinched. I didn't mean to flinch, it just happened. Luca covered my ears as Vox continued with his anger. Luca was surprisingly calm during this. I have seen this man get mad over video games but... I'm waiting for him to snap. I'm waiting for him to just break. 

"Vox, calm down" Ike rubbed his arm gently. They are cute together. Vox calmed down almost immediately and Luca uncovered my ears. "We need to go over the footage," Luca said calmly.

Still holding me, Luca leads us to a room with a projector. He put the recording on the screen to analyze it. I could see that some of the guys were irked about Voxanne. Vox looked like he was going to kill her. Ike was more worried about keeping Vox calm. Mysta looked pissed off too, and Shu was frowning. 

Luca looked angry but not enough to cause a scene. I put my head on his shoulder. I could kiss his neck right now and make him cause a scene right now. Then again, he might just bend me over that table right now and fuck my brains out. I would like that to be honest. I felt his hand on my arm. "He must be tired from portal hopping" Luca made an excuse. 

|Later in the day|
Luca is taking me to a gas station and I get to steal stuff. I could burst with joy. I held his hand as we walked into the gas station. I knew it would be riskier than ever. We went to the cheap candy aisle. "Pick one out, Luca," I told him and squeezed his hand. He picked out his favourite candy and I stuffed it in my shirt quickly. 

I picked out some stuff for Alban, Sonny and myself, quickly hiding them somewhere on my body. "Damn, I must've forgotten my card at home... Sorry Luca" I bluffed. We walked out of the gas station and went to the car. I sat beside Luca and handed him his candy. "Thank you, baby" I kissed him. I put my seatbelt on and took the candy off of me. 

"So what about the mission tomorrow? Are you sure the children won't be home?" I asked hesitantly. "No, we aren't sure... Do you think you could help?" I looked at him, wide-eyed. I was shocked. I wouldn't even know what to do with a kid. "Wh-what would I even do with them? I can't sing or dance or anything... what do kids even like nowadays?!" I must've sounded panicked because he put a hand on my knee. 

"Just be yourself, Y/N, show them your portals or something. I'll be there to help you. Vox and Mysta are the ones who will be killing them," He told me. Shit, what have I gotten myself into? I'm dating a mafia boss, who is also my boss and my best friend works for that same person and he knows why I can't walk straight sometimes. 

God fucking damn it. 

Chapter 12 ends. wordcount- 1469.