17 | warning bells

CHAPTER: 17

Vidhyut hesitatingly lifted his right hand while his other hand clenched itself into a fist at his side.

The fingers moved forward with the belief that they will pass right through the opaque surface but to his astonishment, the unexpected occurred.

A zing of electricity right through the stone door where his fingers touched the surface as the whole surface seemed to be coming to life as the sparks flickered back at him and he removed his hand right away.

His left hand massaged the injured hand after he tried shaking the pain off in reflex. The spark on the stony surface was gone the next second but it was followed by slight trembling of the walls and pillars of the mahal.

Vidhyut looked around as fright coated his features and the shouts of the workers working inside the mahal could be heard but they stopped the next second.

He took some steps back and stared at the door with wide eyes while the warning bells from the Soul Sanctuary resonated in his ears then he walked away.

❀ ❀

The group returned at noon, before the time they were expected to but the authorities had already been informed since all the students and students were now huddled in the restaurant of the resort for lunch.

Vrishti got informed too as Naaz went to help her come downstairs where everyone from the group waited for them.

"You wouldn't believe what happened today!", exclaimed Lee.

Gurnoor and Namrita sucked in a breath through their teeth at the loud voice while Shayon chuckled nervously.

"We were going to the Ruins and we had just crossed the fields where the construction has been going on that we saw the mahal tremble"

"Only you saw it with those humongous binoculars of yours. Why did you even bring it, do you expect to discover some white tigers in these abandoned woods?", Naaz muttered.

"it did", Lee pressed but everyone turned to Namrita who spoke out.

"The teachers rescheduled it for tomorrow since the government workers requested some privacy for today"

Lee scoffed, "What are they searching for, some mummy I guess?", he remarked sarcastically.

"Actually yes, If you put it that way", Shayon intervened which took everyone's attention.

They stared at him indicating him to elaborate.

"As we all know the history of the Raya Dynasty and how the last descendant died while protecting his kingdom, rumors had that he had a history with the princess of the rival kingdom and that her remains could be found somewhere hidden in the royal chambers of the mahal", Shayon said in his velvety voice.

"Why are they searching for it now, couldn't they have looked for it when they searched for Dhrisyam Raya and Vidhyut Raya?", Namrita asked.

Shayon shrugged in response.

"What's that princess's name?", Naaz asked suddenly.