26 | northern winds

CHAPTER: 26

Once upon a time, there lived a princess, her beauty was ethereal and her intelligence and interest in battlefield planning were known among the scholars and even the kingdoms from far away were aware of it. As her coming of age was nearing, news about it spread everywhere, and princes and kings from everywhere came to ask for her hand in marriage and set up the alliance between the two kingdoms.

One day a King came from the Great Dynasty of Raya to ask the princess to be the wife of his first son - the crown prince and held a special request for her to visit their castle and stay there for both of them to get to know each other and for her to get familiar with the rules and administration of the dynasty.

Everything was going well, the princess's father agreed to it, and the princess had no objection to her father's request. It was decided that she will stay in the Raya Dynasty as the guest of the King and special care would be taken of her lodging and interest.

The expedition was set up, and the princess's father took care of everything her daughter might need, during her stay there, and on her journey.

Soon they set off, they went through the forests, crossed bridges, and passed through the territories day and night while they stopped on their way and took shelter to rest every once in a while, everything went peaceful until they reached Vaisallies Dynasty, the last one till they reached the Raya Dynasty as the river flowing amidst the forest separated the two.

Monsoon was in its prime, with storms, hail, and relentless downpours, the river became impossible to cross, and it was decided they will wait some hours till the river water had settled down.

Some hours turned into a day and the King of Vaisallis got to know about the situation, he visited the princess and her staffers himself to pay them his consolation for their trouble.

It was love at first sight, but an impossible one for she was the wife-to-be of the crown prince of the rivaling kingdom and her father had already said his word for her marriage, she could never go against him.

The love they had had to end, for it had no future and soon the river water had settled down and it was stable enough to cross it without any inconveniences.

The princess left without saying anything as she was wise enough to not give the King any false hope but the King had different plans, all he waited for was the right time.

The princess got married and continued her duties as the Queen when the former King died from old age and her husband became the King. The King of Vaisallis got married to a daughter from a royal family, fit for his kingdom but his heart remained with the former woman he fell in love with.

The thing with love is, it's of different kinds, some lived for love, while some killed for it.

He attacked the Raya Dynasty when it was in turmoil due to the political conflicts between the royal families of the Raya and the former thought it was the right time.

Blood was shed, people got killed, and the masses were in a plight, and in this chaos and chorus of death, the Queen died.

The Kings of both dynasties were filled with rage and Drishyam Raya attacked back with his desire for revenge and after many months of battles, the King of Vaisallies was able to send the troops of Raya back but death caught him for he couldn't come in terms with the fact he was the cause of his lover's death.