29 | tearing sky

CHAPTER: 29

From a time unknown, humans have realized they can't use their brains up to their whole capability hence they make work with only a few percentages of their brains as they are allowed because mother nature has its way.

It gives what you require, it knows if humans could unlock the inactive part, it would be catastrophic. They wouldn't believe in God rather instead they would consider themselves the God.

Hence the reason human erases the part they can't decipher and comprehend is that way it saves them from insanity.

everything has a reason and everything ending has a beginning

Vidhyut listened to it calmly as the Almighty recited everything from the birth of his former life to the cause of his death as he absorbed everything in. His heart ached even more for his premika.

All the moments be spent with Varsha, him returning to earth and meeting Vrishti, everything played inside his mind as he listened carefully. His emotions were everywhere he quickly braced himself before any tears could tumble down his cheeks, but the wouldn't

it wouldn't! he was a mere soul after all

He prayed to his Mother star that things work out for good so that he can finally look up to something when he finishes serving his punishment.

he prayed

❀ ❀

"Uggh", Vrishti groaned as she trudged her way through the muddy waters.

The current was too fast and too sharp, the water went into her mouth, and nose and drenched her in brown, her bruises stung as they came in contact with the contaminated water, and whenever a sharp branch or chunk of clay hit her.

Maybe training in the swimming pool all those years ago when her father forced her to learn to swim to save herself in extreme situations came in handy, she was grateful to him in ways more than one.

She decided to appreciate him more if she gets out of there alive.

alive

She had to get out of there alive, there are so many people she had to live for as they were the reason for her existence, she had to.

She somehow swam across the stream, her cotton clothes clung to her skin and made it difficult for her to move and the torn raincoat had gotten washed away somewhere during her predicament.

She could feel the dark vines of the unconsciousness slowly make their way and she could feel her eyelids getting heavy but she pushed through it and reached the bank on the other side.

She heaved herself up and a little away from the sharp edges of the bank of the stream where she found herself slipping toward the darkness but with the last morsel of strength in her she called for the Almighty at the top of her lungs as the rain and the winds witnessed it all.

"Almighty! I know you are there, who thought a mere mortal like me would have to summon you but you see, you have someone of mine and I have what you need", with her head laid on the rain-soaked forest floor as the rain mercilessly poured on her, she shivered in cold but that she didn't let that stop her.

She continued again, "Do you hear me Almighty? This child of yours needs you, won't you come and get what is rightfully yours", she yelled at the tearing sky when a blinding light struck across the sky again.

It was too bright and probably not lightning. Vrishti had her eyes closed, she tried opening them when she felt a presence but she couldn't for some force unknown stopped her.

She somehow sat against the Amaltas tree, the yellow petals surrounding her had turned a murky brown due to the continuous rain as she clenched the loosed ground beside her to support herself.

"I hear you, my child. What do you wish to speak?", she could hear their voice and their imperial presence almost burnt her mortal flesh but she stood her ground.

"I know you have Vidhyut with you and you asked him to find Varsha's mortal remains so here I am to present to you where Varsha had been buried but you have to grant me a wish in return".

There was some silence after her request and with each passing second, breathing became difficult for her.

"Very well, What is your request?", there was a hint of humor in Almighty's voice as if they knew what would transpire after this.

"I wish to speak to Vidhyut even for a few moments and I want you to erase all of my memories of him in this life for I won't be able to live this one and might commit the same mistake again and as for Varsha's remain, she was buried right beside this tree", she pointed to a place beside the protruded roots of the tree which were denser there as if protecting Varsha last remnants.

The thought that won't be able to remember the moments she spent herself with Vidhyut as Varsha was a painful one, but a necessary step. Her heart ached and emotions clogged up in her chest as she waited.

Vrishti could hear nothing, just the wind and the rain in its fury spreading chaos around her, she took a handful of the mud and felt the essence as if she could feel her.

She felt a hand on her cheek and she flinched back, "Hey. Hey, it's me", he placed his hand on her other cheek.

"it's you", she whispered back as she felt him pressing his forehead with hers.

There was something strange, she could feel him, she felt his calloused hands gliding across her skin and his breath on his lips. He was really touching her.

"I...I will wait for you", tears welled up behind her closed eyes and overwhelming emotions made it impossible for her to speak out, "I will find you", followed by a cry as she clutched him tight.

"I promise you when we meet next, I won't let you go away. We will find each other", Vidhyut's voice trembled as he spoke out and pressed his damp cheeks against hers.

"We will find each other", she whispered as she felt his lips pressing on the corner of her lips.

"I-I fell. I fell for you", Vrishti's voice was timid and she was ready for separation after all this was how her loved ones left her but her lips parted in surprise and she took a sharp intake of breath when uttered the next words.

"No, it was me. I fell first", then he was gone and so was the warmth she felt with him in her arms.

The rain continued and lighting followed for real this time, Vrishti pried her eyes open and with a soft smile on her she said before she slipped into the darkness.

"Vidhyut ke bina Vrishti aduri hai ".
(Vrishti | rain is incomplete without Vidhyut | lightning)

❀ ❀ ❀ 

with this, we have come to an end.

wait for me, I will give you a happier epilogue trust me