4.The Cherry Bakes

A gleaming Black Bentley came to a halt in front of a bakery shop.

Assistant Yu informed, “Boss, we're here.”

Luo Qiang glanced at the shop across the car and scowled at Yu Lian, “Xiao Lian, are you that hungry?”

Under his fierce glare, Yu Lian replied, “Not hungry, this is the place where President Ma asked us to meet.”

He asked with suspicion, “Really? Or…” Did you get it wrong?

“Boss, I swear this is the place. Am I that unreliable in your eyes?.” Yu Lian covered his heart with his palm like he was betrayed.

As Yu Lian was about to brag about his knowledge and intelligence, how got top grades in his education for the umpteenth time, Luo Qiang opened the door and cut him off,  “Alright. Be good. When I come back, I will buy you lunch.”

Yu Lian instantly shut himself off, while grinning widely and pondering which restaurant they ought to try and how to take advantage of his free meal.

After fastening his coat, Luo Qiang examined the shop's name, The Cherry Bakes.

This store was near where he worked, but he wasn't aware such shops existed because he regularly adhered to his health schedule and avoided dining outside unless it was necessary.

As he pushed the entrance door,a bell chimed to signal his arrival  . Although the bakery wasn't that big or stunning, it seemed tranquil and cozy at first.

From the wooden floor to the walls and interiors to the age-old recipes from the Italian era, everything resonates with an old-world charm. It was separated into two areas, one of which featured a display counter for sweet and pastry confectionary foods, while the other side had several table settings, where customers could relax and enjoy their food.They were positioned parallel to the one-way mirrors providing some privacy for the customers from the passerby.

It was neither rush hour in the morning nor lunchtime, so there was no customers in the shop.

He walked closer to the counter and looked around for any employees, just like the entire interior setting, the lighting of a place is equally important for creating the right ambiance in a bakery, it is well-lit, giving visitors an excellent view of the pastries and sweets in the display. Each one had appealing appearances, varied in colors and shapes, that tempted customers to buy and have a bite.

He arrived early for the meeting since he valued punctuality. As he was considering the berry cake and how much exercise he would need to do after consuming one, he heard shoes stepping on the floor and glimpsed a shadow in front of him.

He looked up to see a tall beautiful man with warm brown eyes, wearing an apron with the shop's name on it and a pair of work gloves, and a small strawberry-shaped clip holding his hair in place, which made him look like a house-husband, 'a clumsy house-husband' , he mused with a smirk, as the man stumbled on his feet and nearly fell to the ground.

“G-good Morning, Sir. What can I do for you?” The beautiful man slightly stuttered, there was a faint Italian accent with it.

He answered, “A dark roast Arabica would do.”

“Alright, a dark roast Arabica will be on the way. How about you sit here, while I bring your order, Sir?”

Luo Qiang slightly nodded and sat down as he observed the strange employee, he wondered who the man was. A tall, beautiful and young man with at least 190 cm looked more like a model or pampered young master from an affluent family than a baker. Talking about the modeling things, he looked at the other man, checking out his physical features. He could make out the broad shoulders and firm muscles. Why would someone that sexy will conceal his body in those baggy clothes? And look at his hands as well; those long and slender fingers have callouses and those knuckles were tough, not that of a baker at all.

Although Luo Qiang swung both ways, he wasn't embarrassed about his sexuality at all. He preferred people with ethics and the ability to take responsibility for their acts. He would like to feel those hands, personally. Mentally shaking his head to clear his bad thoughts, Luo Qiang gazed at his eyes , he found them unrealistic. They were warm brown pupils with a bit of hazel glow, like pure honey glistening in the sun, giving their eyes a brilliant and a dynamic look that is unlike any other color he has ever seen.

Finished making his order, the beautiful man approached his table, and bent over to place his steamy cup on the table. When the handsome man bent over, Luo Qiang peeked at the back of his neck to discover a skin-colored patch over his gland.

An Alpha.

Patches were used to suppress any pheromones from spreading. Based on the size and color of their patches, an Alpha or Omega can be distinguished, an Alpha patch is twice as large as an Omega. They mostly served as an indication to others about their Secondary Genders.

“I hope, this is to your liking.”  He said with a warm smile and sparkling eyes.

Ba-thump.

'What was that?'

Luo Qiang frowned as took a sip of his drink and found the familiar taste blooming in his tongue. He usually takes a sip from the dring to test whether it was to his liking, if not even, he won't take another sip. Most of the coffee he purchased outside, fell short of his expectations.

As he savored the drink, he look at his new-found savior, “This is truly amazing, thank you, Mister?”

YingTao.You can call me, Xiao YingTao.” He concluded with a bright smile on his face.

'Cherry ?'

“I'm Luo Qiang. Thank you, your coffee is the best one I had had for a long time, Xiao YingToa.”

Immediately, Xiao YingToa 's face brightened up at the compliment , “Oh! Then, do you want anything to go with the drink? It isn't good for your stomach to have only coffee in the morning, Mr.Luo”

Warm hazel-brown eyes looked at him under thick eyelashes, he found it hard to look away from those beautiful eyes.

“Yes, that cherry cake over there looks very delicious.” He licked his lips, and smiled in delight when the beautiful man's gaze followed the movement “If you could serve me one, that would be a dear.”

Xiao YingTao’s ears flushed as he nodded his head, then stumbled to prepare the cake.

This man is cute !’ Luo Qiang thought with a slight raise on the corner of his lips.