(1) I'm a Machine, An Emotional Being

It's a sunny Saturday in Detroit

I wake up in the taxi, the driver telling me I'm here. I get out of the car and head up to this run-down-looking house.

I knock on the door, I hear someone walk to the door.

It's none other than Uncle Hank, he looks more tired than I remember him being. "Y/N!!" he says with a smile on his face, "Uncle Hank!" I hug him deeply, I missed him for years in college and finally seeing him again is the best feeling since I got here.

"Bring your stuff in, you can sleep in the guest bedroom," He says. I could barely afford to move here right after college so Hank is letting me stay in his house until I have the money to find somewhere else.

I come inside the house, The TV is running with football on it, and there are beer stains everywhere, but at least It's something. "I forgot to clean before you came over," He said, pretty embarrassed. "It's okay, it suits you" I smirk "Just go put your stuff away before I kick you out" He jokes back.

I go into the bedroom, it's small but fits my style. I put my clothes on the hangar and set the rest of my belongings on the bed. It takes me the whole day to finish up and unpack, Hank feeds me while I work, and then I relax on my bed but I want to see Hank so I get up.

I came back out to Hank watching the TV, but before I could talk to him, I heard a voice behind me.

"My name is Connor, the Android sent by Cyberlife!"

I jumped up in shock, I turned to see a brown haired brown eyed android, he was in a fancy suit and smiled up at me

"Oh shit, sorry Y/N I should have introduced you to this plastic prick, this is Connor, the police station had Cyberlife send an android to help in my cases, he found me in Jimmy's Bar, I'm letting him stay here as well"

Connor puts a hand out to shake it. I slowly stake his hand. "Nice to meet you.. I'm Y/N..." Still, in shock, I stare at him, his face, something about it feels so human but not at the same time..

"We will be the greatest friends, I can tell," He says with such a smile on his face.

"Great, now that we have wasted my time, I'm going to bed," Hank says as he walks to his bedroom

"Is he okay? he seems different" I say with worry

"He's been acting like that since we first met," Connor says with a straight face this time.

"Well I should start getting ready for bed too, you should, well, androids don't sleep so, do whatever you do," I say

I head to my room and put everything away, I pick up a picture of me and Hank when I was younger, I was about 3 when this was taken. We're smiling so happily, he looks so happy, not like now. I put it on my nightstand and I cuddle with the blankets as I fall asleep, I assume Connor is just sitting and doing nothing.

A/N: I know this is short but it's an excellent first chapter to start us off, I hope you enjoy the rest!