(3) Two Birds On a Wire

"One tries to fly away and the other watches him close from that wire, he says he wants to as well, but he is a liar"

I sit down at this nice coffee shop and sip some of my favorite coffee while strolling through social media.

I see happy couples and roll my eyes, I start looking closer and think, what if that was me and Connor? No Y/N, he's an android, and he doesn't have feelings, Don't be stupid, they made him look like a cute guy on purpose.

I can't believe I even thought that, what's wrong with me?

I get up and pay for my stuff and leave to go home, as I come out I look around me and see...

"Connor?" I accidentally said out loud, he's running, trying to chase something or someone

He comes up to me quickly just to say "Y/N, I gotta go catch this deviant, Go find Lieutenant" Then he runs away

Shocked, I start running to find Hank but he's nowhere to be found until I find both Connor and Hank going to this gate.

The deviant has blonde hair and she's with a little girl, She and Connor look at each other, but then she starts running into the oncoming traffic.

Connor is about to go over the gate.. wait.. he will never survive going through the traffic...

In a panic, I started running to get Connor off the gate and Hank had the same idea.

After some convincing he hops down as we all look at the deviant and the girl, hugging, they made it...

They look so human, they are just people in a metal form, Maybe Connor is more human than he lets on, he could have jumped, but he didn't.

"Jesus.." Hank sighs and walks away

I tug on Connor's coat "Come on, Hank will give us a ride"

He just silently walks with me to the car, I wonder what he's thinking right now.

Hank gets in the driver's seat and me and Connor get in the back.

"Y/N, you can come in the front you know?" Hank questions

"I know but the back feels more comfortable" I replied

"Sure.." Hank doesn't believe a word I just said

Connor closes his eyes, I know he can't sleep so what is he doing? I don't want to disturb him so I just don't say anything.

He seemed so shaky back there, I thought Androids couldn't feel emotions. but he seemed like he really did. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too hard.

Hank stops at his favorite food place, It's just a food truck but he loves it.

I get out of the car as Connor opens his eyes and gets out with me.

Hank orders his food and I get my usual stuff, Hank makes a sketchy deal but I don't question his choices, It's not what I know him to do but he seems to have changed, but that's okay.

"Don't leave that thing here!" the worker says

"Not a chance it follows me everywhere," Hank says slyly

We go and eat and as Connor and Hank talk, Hank asks what Connor knows about him, well says he probably knows everything and that is very true, Hank asks Connor's conclusion and Connor says:

"I think working with an officer with personal issues is an added challenge but adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features" Then he winks

It makes me feel like he really is more human than he lets on but maybe it's just me wanting to believe he's more because he's an attractive android.

Connor and Hank start leaving as I was thinking and in my head "You coming Y/N?" Hank yells at me

"Oh shit sorry I'm coming, just lost in my thought I guess" I yell back

I get in the car and we start driving to the scene, bringing me with because Hank was too lazy to drop me off at home so I'm joining them now I guess.

"When you looked at those girls it was like you were two birds on a wire," I say to Connor

Hank comes into the conversation saying "Isn't that a song?"

"A great song" I smirk at Hank

"You love your music Y/N"

"What can I say, music is my life" I replied and smiled at him

Connor smiles back at me with a soft laugh

Hank smiles at us and plays the song, louder than it should of course.

And I started singing and annoying Hank like I used to do when I was younger.

Connor vibes the whole time and I love it.

A/N: Y/N isn't going to be saying the line of the song all of the time I just thought it would be fun if she broke the 4th wall and started talking about the song, hope you're enjoying the book, see yea! - Vic <3