1. The Message

"You look pretty good" A familar masculine voice replied. You knew that voice, it was Ashton. The boys were behind him, smirking to themselves as they looked at both, Ashton and you.

You couldn't help but overthink about this situation. What did they want? They are probably making fun of you, just like everybody else in this high school. You're a pariah for a reason, and you felt like you couldn't let your psychological walls down. These boys were cute, but they would never hook up with a boy like you.

"I have to go to English class" You mutter, almost to yourself.

"Hey hey hey, not so quick" Ashton put an arm over your shoulder before you could take any step. "We have English class togheter, you can come with us, right Calum?" The brunette simply nodded, and you had no choice but to walk to class with them, as Ashton basically dragged you with them.

"Why are you always sitting alone (Y/N)? We always saw you there and we felt bad about it, you could hang with us, if you'd like" He pointed out, earning a confused face from you as you looked at him.

You couldn't get any words out. Were they being serious? You didn't know them personally, how could they be so sure that you'd get along? It's whatever, they'll probably forget about it once you just agree with them.

"Um, sure, why not." You finally let out, getting your head back down avoiding any of the boys' eyes. You weren't entirely comfortable around them, you didn't feel like you "fitted in".

"Well guys, we're staying here, see you later." Ashton told Luke and Michael as the rest of you entered the English class.

This time, you three sat near each other. Ashton and Calum smirked at you, but you could only fake a smile. You had no confidence with them and you didn't know what this could turn into, whatever it is, it scares you.

Ashton and Calum seem friendly, but you haven't had any friends in a long time, you'd swear you even forgot what a friendship is. You could tell that they had a strong friendship between each other, but could you go this far with any of them? Turning to yourself to observe your choices you think about each boy individually.

Ashton seems to be the one who is more interested in you, and who has shown more affection so far.

Luke seems a bit shy, but you could see a little rebel inside of him, one that comes out when he gets comfortable around people.

Michael is definetly friendly with everyone, so you don't think there's a problem with you, if things go well.

Then there's Calum, who's sitting in front of you, with that pretty smile on his face... Wait, what are you saying?

————————————————

Everything comes to an end, and luckily, English class has come to its own. You quickly pick your books up and look over at the boys, who seem to be waiting for you before you could even notice.

"Ready to go home (Y/N)?" Calum asked, shooting one of his smirks at you. Damn, you just hope you don't have to stand this everyday.

"Yeah, shall we wait for Luke and Michael?" You questioned, bitting on your lower lip.

"Seriously? We're already here, hurry up." Michael replied as he made a movement with his hand to get your attention.

You all came out of the classroom and reunited once again. Michael talked of everything, and anything, didn't this dude get tired after so many hours of class? Didn't seem so.

*beep beep*

It was Ashton's phone, with a private message sent to his iMessage. He quickly opened the app and read the message without any of you paying much attention to him.

"Did you get (Y/N) yet?"