CHAPTER 8: NIGHTMARES (TW: death, abuse to reader, graphic scenes) First POV

I was in a hospital.
Dark inky black tar covered the cracks in the floor and walls. The ceiling was caved in, water and electrical wires leaving from above.
I slowly made my way down the hall, eager to escape the suffocating and eerie feeling the halls gave me. An ear-piercing shriek made me jump and subconsciously move my legs into action as if they had a mind.
As I ran down the broken hallway I saw movement next to me and quickly stopped and found I was near a shattered mirror. I slowly made my way over to it when suddenly another scream broke me from my thoughts.
Inside the room where the scream was coming from, a man was hunched over a woman holding what remained of a child. J̸̎͗͂͜e̵̻̬̟̕f̷̰̀͒̚f̷̪̄̓̀, watching from the corner of the room was silent and staring wide-eyed. The woman who was crying out for help was suddenly silenced by the man who twisted her neck with a sickening crack. I ran over to J̸̎͗͂͜e̵̻̬̟̕f̷̰̀͒̚f̷̪̄̓̀ who had started mumbling to himself. I tried pulling him out of the room when the room started cracking and falling apart. The man and woman fell into the darkness that was below the room while I tried to pull J̸̎͗͂͜e̵̻̬̟̕f̷̰̀͒̚f̷̪̄̓̀ out and away. He shoved me out of the room just as the rest of the room fell apart and the door slammed shut.
I stood up shakily, legs feeling like jelly when suddenly V̶̗̙̯̩̈́̓̀̂i̷͉͚̭̗̊̑n̶̖͗͐͜c̷̛͖͎͊̉́ȩ̷̤͕̀͒̒ͅn̸͍̟̖̬̿͘t̷̞̗̬͎͘̚ and ran past me. I tried screaming but my voice wouldn't leave my throat I quickly followed him into another hospital room watching as the reverend beat V̶̗̙̯̩̈́̓̀̂i̷͉͚̭̗̊̑n̶̖͗͐͜c̷̛͖͎͊̉́ȩ̷̤͕̀͒̒ͅn̸͍̟̖̬̿͘t̷̞̗̬͎͘̚ over and over with a bloody bible. I ran over and shoved him off trying to give V̶̗̙̯̩̈́̓̀̂i̷͉͚̭̗̊̑n̶̖͗͐͜c̷̛͖͎͊̉́ȩ̷̤͕̀͒̒ͅn̸͍̟̖̬̿͘t̷̞̗̬͎͘̚ time to run away when he grabbed me and pulled me down with him. His body made a loud thud against the floor while my elbow connected with a piece of broken tile, causing sparks of electric nerves to flood through my arm. The reverend stood and made a motion to grab me when V̶̗̙̯̩̈́̓̀̂i̷͉͚̭̗̊̑n̶̖͗͐͜c̷̛͖͎͊̉́ȩ̷̤͕̀͒̒ͅn̸͍̟̖̬̿͘t̷̞̗̬͎͘̚ shoved him into the corner of a table. V̶̗̙̯̩̈́̓̀̂i̷͉͚̭̗̊̑n̶̖͗͐͜c̷̛͖͎͊̉́ȩ̷̤͕̀͒̒ͅn̸͍̟̖̬̿͘t̷̞̗̬͎͘̚ then grabbed a nearby scalpel and plunged it into the reverends chest over and over again. I stood frozen in fear as I watched the reverend choke on his blood. I backed out of the room as quietly as possible, hitting the wall behind me, my hand landing in something warm and sticky. I turned and felt my stomach drop. I was in a new room with no door in sight, the walls were bloody with crucified rabbits arranged in tableaux. In the middle of it, all was E̴̢̞̯͇͔̹̚̕v̵͚̺͆͑a̸̼̮͝ņ̷̨̩͊́̌ ripping a nurse apart with his bare hands.
A whimper escaped my mouth, causing him to turn and face me with a wide smile. He slowly made his way over to me, his cruel smile never leaving his face.

"̵̤͉̔ͅͅI̷̹̘̻͉̣̽͋'̵͚̱̪̗̘͆͐̈́̌́͘͠͝͝ḏ̸̨͋͊͂̎̾ ̵̢̛͚̝͖̪̗̅͂͑̎̍k̷̩̆͑ë̴̝̳́́̄͌̍͊̑͑̃͝e̸̬̳̦̐̑͆p̵͖͎͉̲͔̫̦̝̺̼͊̓ ̴̺̭̱̹̑̒t̴̢̜̤̬̞̙̠̠͆͗̒̄̍̾̍͘h̵̢̡̺̗̜̫͇̺̝̃̂̓̅͜ͅȃ̸̯͔͓͇̘̓̊̐̐͝ẗ̵̟̞̈͋͊́̈ ̶̡̢̱̲͔͔̺̭̠̘̫̌̀̆̂͘k̶̙̲̭̣̎̽̋̿́n̵̡͓̹̼͉̳̹̻͉̒̓̓̉̾̀̈́̔̾̃̕i̵͈͑̔̅̃̈̀͑̋͘f̵̥̮̦̔̈́͂̕ẹ̶̪͗͑̆̐̇̽̕͠ ̸̩͙̖̱͖͓̗̓̂̒͠ȋ̴̢̱̞̫̝̬̍͆̀̄f̷̺̍̾̾̐ͅ ̸̨̰̪̗̞͙̗̺͒Ḭ̴̢̨̺̥̮͔̳͙̻̀͗̓̐͝ ̴̟̥̥̤̰̗̻͛͊̈́w̷̗͕̗̠͈̎̋͊͒̀́̉͜a̶̳̦͔̲͙͗̊̍͂̓͂̀̽͒s̶̢̢̛̪͖̮͗ ̶̤͕͖͔̝̌͛̓̈́ỳ̵͈͎̯͇͖̉̃͌̆̾͗̽͊͘ȯ̵̡̢̥̫̹͠͝ͅu̷̥̟͝,̸̩̐ ̸̨̢̥͔͙͉͚̱̻͖̭͋͝'̵̧̢̙̪͓͎͔̫̝͈̒͆̓̽̀͋̄c̷̜̗̲̼̍͛͒̓̔a̷̡̛̠̩̟̥̖̝͂͗̔͂͜ͅư̸̙̘̣͉̬̲̗̄̎̑̐͋̔͜͝ş̶̡̹͉̗̐̒̕e̵͍̜̳̥̣̜̦͈̖͉͌͆͊̍͘͜͝ ̸̨̨͉̭̠̌s̸̛̘̥̟̭̉͑͗ọ̸̡̻̝͔̼͕̦̞̜̼̍͑́̈͆̚o̷̝̼͚̲͍͉̦̤̫͐́̑̇ņ̴͓͙̋̏͗̆̓̂̽̓̂ë̷̫̗̙̭͈̎̾͒r̴̘̋̇͗͑ ̶̧̨̺͙̗͖̠͍̱͆̽̆̀͜͝o̶͔͍͕͓͋͘͘̚͝ŕ̶̞̼͑́͂̕͠ ̷̲͖̟̍̈̈́́̆͐̈́͘͝ḽ̶̢̛̦̬̤̯̃̑̎͆̊̽͜a̵̧͉͈̮̞͗̆͑̍t̸̨̧͚̦͙̱̼̲̯͙͈̓̀̃͋̐̌̕͠ḙ̵̯̜̰͇̫̜͋͑̏̈́̈́̕͠r̶̡̫̚͝ ̵̧̝̻̱͚͚̈́̾̓̂͌̏̔̚̚͝y̴̢̲̟̱̗̅͐̃̒o̶̢̧̢͎̯͉͎͕̗͇͕̾̈́̄́u̷̙̤͚͈̙͎̙̍͋͌͑'̷̠͈͎͎̻̰̗̭̤͍͋̊̇̽͆͘l̴̨̡̝̱̱̖̞̗͕̣̍͑̉̂̌̉̚͝l̴̢͓͔̺̯̯̜̖͚͚̀̑̏͂̏̒͘ ̶͍̤̬̗͕͑̃̿̏̐̀̒b̷̦̜̝̣͙̀̈́̋͒̓͘͘͘͝e̵̥̤͋̓̊̉͠ ̸̗̗͉̺͕̜̀s̵͍͇̰͈̖̟̊̒͐͗̃̍̚͠͝͠ȩ̶̠̪̓̅̊̈̾͝͝ȇ̵̦̥̠̻̰̖̯̺̻̹́͑͋̀̓̚͜͝͠ḯ̴̧̻̦͛̀̊̿͝ͅņ̴̝̞̬̳͔̩̪̝̈̿͌̈́̃̋̚͘g̷̩̬̰̙͕̔̀͐͜ ̸̺̮͈̈́̈́͑̏̚m̸̢͓͉̤̰̙̯̳͜͠ȩ̷̡̼̠̝͙͇̩͊͆̅̈́͒̎͂̽̈́ ̸̪͙͙̦̻͌͛a̴̲͕͈̐͒̈́̿̒̿g̵̗͔̤͇̘̮̉a̶̺̙͈̱̹̠̱̺̬̍̉̆̓̋̎͠͝ͅĭ̸̦̹̠͌͜͜n̸̢̫̫̣̥̭̣̭̰̱̼̓͗́̍̏̏͊͋ ̴͈̆̀̈́͝a̷̢͍̼͓̟̙͚̱̅̈́̎̒̊̀͘̕͠n̶̢̧͈̮͇̱͈̝̟̫̑̄̆͐̕d̵̢̠̟͇̜̣̳̳͇̈͋̉͊̒̎̽̃̂͝ ̷̼̯̤̘̯̔̽̈̈́̔í̶̥̯̋͐̏̅͠'̵̟̖͖̝̼̰͍͑̀̊ͅļ̴͈͔̙̣̥̠̓̓̑́̉̋͝ͅͅl̸͓̓̐̄͒̃̊͋̇͘ ̵̪̫̾̔̍̾h̶̪̔̓̌a̷͕̯͍̐̚v̶̨̨̧̨̮͔̰̦̝̻͉̎̍̒̈́͛̆̅̍ę̵̞͉̩̦̹͍̿̀̈͑͝ ̴̛͎͉̘̤͇̘͓̳̎̽̾̅̓ͅơ̷̥̣̳̣͕̥̣̠̓̾̆͛̈́̇͊͆̈́͘͜ņ̶̜͙͈̺̹͍͉̱͉̻̊̾͆̅́̿ẽ̸̛͙̜͉͎̿̑͘̕͝͝͝ ̶̙͖̔o̶̧̡͑̂̒͛̆̾̀͘͜͝f̴̨͔̝̜̐̒̍̿̂̂̌̕̕͠ ̷̰͚͚̈́̎͌͌́͒̐͑̾̏̚m̷̧͍̪̀̐̔̐̓̏͒͘͝ÿ̵̛̳̜̖̹͉͉́́̆͆̾̋͑ ̶̦̗͐̈̈́͒̕o̸̗̗̣̠͌̌̆̅͒ͅẘ̶̧̩̺͖̯̳̯̤̲̹͂͗͊͌̕ǹ̴̡̰̗͔͍̦̖̾ͅͅ.̴̥͚͂̒̔̍͘̚͝͝"̷̡̩͔̟͕̖̯̱̻̀̽͑̑͜͝͝ͅ