A Place To Start

I feel like I'm floating. One hell of a way to start a story, I know. Real original. I slowly open my eyes as the feeling fades and is replaced with a buzz in the back of my head. Not the kind you hear, but the kind you feel if that makes sense. I'm used to it by now I guess. My senses start flooding back to me as I stare up at the ceiling.

Damnit. I REALLY don't want to get up. Why is it that the bed feels the most comfortable when you just wake up? It's like some sick joke that the universe came up with so that it can get a cheap laugh in the morning. I roll over on my side and hug my pillow close to my body, closing my eyes. Of course I can't go back to sleep.

After a while I decide I might as well get up and actually DO something. I let go of my pillow, sit up, and slide off of the bed. I grab my phone and head to the bathroom. I can feel my tail dragging against the cold floor. I turn my phone on and check the time. 9:30. Makes sense.

I step into the bathroom and look in the mirror. "Yep", I say to myself. "Still a mongoose". Geez, have I always looked this tired? The answer is yes, yes I have. I sigh as I put my phone down on the counter and slowly tug my clothes off. I turn on the shower and step underneath the showerhead. "HOLY-!!!" Damn, that's cold! The water eventually heats up and I stand there like an idiot. Then again I am one. The warm water feels so nice against my fur and I can't help but smile a little as I think my usual morning thoughts. This was honestly always one of the best parts of my daily routine.

Eventually, much to my dismay, I have to get out of the shower. The air hitting my now wet fur makes me shiver. I grab my phone off the counter, head to my room, and get dressed. Yep. That's my morning schedule. Most people say I'm like a platypus, I don't do much, and to be honest, they're right.

After I finish putting on my usual clothes, I grab my hoodie (because I'm that one idiot who wears a hoodie in the middle of summer) and I watch some memes on my phone. Ah, bullshit, my life force. Who knows, I might actually do something today.