Waiting Room

It's not that those simple things are gone, they've just gotten a lot harder to enjoy, especially with everything going on. I don't know. Sometimes it just feels like everything's gone down the drain.

Oh. I'm not in the car anymore. It takes me a second to realize where I am. Guess I fell asleep a while ago. I'm in a hospital waiting room. There's other people here too, but they probably don't notice me. Why would they? The people are always separated into groups that are sitting on benches as always. I think they're all families. The groups I mean. Each group is always accompanied by one person that seems out of place, not in the way that it looks like they're not family, but in a different way. They're dead.

There's the skeleton of a dragon standing by one group, and a very old looking dog standing by another. I'm here on my bench alone. I guess I've gotten used to this place. The first time I was here I was terrified, but not from what I could see. I couldn't even see the dead staring sorrowfully at their family members the first time. No, I was scared of what I would see.

The funny thing about this place is how time works. Sometimes an hour goes by in a second and minute drags on for a day. Usually I just read the same boring magazine until I wake up. I'd try interacting with the families, but I can't get up. Never can and I probably never will. Can't speak either. The only sound in this place is the sound of a ticking clock.

The cast in this room tends to change from time to time, but there are two things that are always constant with the exception of the first time. Each group is always accompanied by a dead person, and I'm always alone. I wonder how long I'll be here this time.

*Yes, this chapter is short*