Jesse

It's about 6 PM now. I've been watching a lot of videos after I finished the dishes and I'm starting to get a little bored. I take a minute to think. Mom and Dad still aren't home so I guess it's up to me to make dinner.

I get up with a sigh, and walk over to my brother's room. Of course. There he is, sound asleep. I don't understand why he never has to do the dishes. He's the older one. Then again, he probably had to do the dishes before I was born, so I guess he's done his time.

I knock on his wall as I stand in the doorway. "Jesse," I say. "Jesse, we need to cook." He begins to stir and soon enough he's looking at me with a tired look in his eyes. "Wha...? I thought you were the one that cooks," he said in a groggy tone. "Yeah, well you've been asleep all day. You need to do SOMETHING," I explain to him. "Really? But I'm tired!"

Sometimes I wonder who's the big brother here. "Jesse, it's almost 6:30." He sighs. "Fine." He reluctantly gets out of bed and checks his phone, presumably for any new texts from his girlfriend.

We both make our way to the kitchen and get started on dinner. Jesse has always been a little lazy, but he's a good guy. I try not to get on his case too often, he's got enough on his plate without me calling him out when he tries to bullshit his way out of something. He always tries his best to be a good brother and friend. I remember one time when I was sick, he skipped school just to keep me company. We did a marathon of my favorite show that day.

"Hey Tiny," I hear him say, snapping me out of my daze. "Thought we were cooking dinner, not daydreaming," He jokes. "Calm down Stretch, I was just thinking." I reply. I've missed joking around with him like this. He's been too busy talking to his girlfriend lately to really hang out. I don't blame him though. She used to live nearby, but she recently moved to another state. She's lucky to have him. "Less thinking and more cooking little buddy." He says with his classic grin, and with that we're back to cooking.