Chapter Six - Hogwarts

Hazel hardly realized that she had fallen to her knees, nor that it was grass she was sitting in. Fresh forest air brushed over her sweaty face and through her ripped clothes. Shivering, she pulled her jacket tighter around her and looked around.

"Interesting. Whoever those two wizards were in that Memory, they were trying to get you to Hogwarts!" Professor Fig said, after realizing they were just outside of Hogwarts. Hazel let out a bitter laugh. "They could have thought of that before." Her voice sounded incredibly exhausted and Fig decided that it didn't matter if they got to the ceremony on time. The girl had earned this break, no matter how long it might be. With a groan, he sat down next to her and leaned his back against the rock, that had just been a portal a moment ago, and she did the same, facing the stars. A small stream of blood ran down her cheek from her temple, but she wiped it away emotionlessly.

The professor was proud, fascinated and worried about Hazel at the same time. Concerned because she had to go through so much in one day, had been injured so many times, had lost so much blood. Fascinated because, although she was not used to anything like that, she still managed to function and not collapse. Proud, because he was her mentor and today she had proven all her skills and intellect. He put his hand on her shoulder. "It's over. You handled that well, Miss Black," he said. She nodded, calm, collected. He could only guess what it looked like inside her, had seen the strength of her protective wall inside her Mind with his own eyes today. The green eyes, so still and calm, as if nothing had happened today, with only a tiny hint of the hell that lurked in the dark, looked at him. Hazel tried hard to leave the raging wolves in their prison, as long as it had to be today.

As Fig had decided, Hazel ended the break when she was ready. "We should move on, shouldn't we Professor?" she asked wearily as she stood up. Professor Fig smiled and pointed his wand at her as he stood. "I can't let you go into the castle like that, but that, should be appropriate" he said as with a wave of his wand her clothes changed to her school uniform. A dark gray skirt, white shirt, dark gray vest, black tie and a black cloak. "Thank you Professor. I'd really appreciate it if no one noticed how Tired I actually am!" she laughed shortly, falsely. At a nearby river Hazel washed the dirt and blood from her hands and face. Looking at her reflection, she took the clip out of her hair, shook the dust out of it and began to roughly arrange it, binding her hair out of her face with the clip. Like a sign of the Black pride, wich was not present in her, the gem-studded, silver snake clip was displayed on the back of her head. Except for the visible scratches on her face and hands, there was almost nothing to indicate that she had almost died today. Satisfied, she nodded and stood up from the river and looked at Professor Fig, who silently wondered. So calm and controlled, she was intent on appearing normal. She didn't want any attention, maybe she even wanted to use her appearance to keep the prying ones away from her. Because all of a sudden she didn't seem like the timid young student she was, and much more like the proud Black she should have been if her family hadn't gone too far 10 years ago. "Now then, this way," Fig said, leading the student out of the forest, up the path that led directly to the Schoolgrounds...

"Wait here," Professor Fig said as they arrived outside the Great Hall. Judging by the noise level, the party was still going on. Fig opened the double doors just wide enough for his face to be seen, and he caught the attention of the Headmaster, who was standing at the end of the hall, about to end the celebration. Then he quickly turned to her. "I ask you not to tell anyone about today, if it is possible. I have to inform the Ministry about George and investigate the viole we found in Gringotts, then we'll see" he said quietly. Hazel nodded. It would do her just fine. No one needed to know about this. "Good, ready for the initiation ceremony?" he asked when Black was almost there. Again, Hazel just nodded. "Phineas Nigellus Black. You're about to meet the principal, a relative of yours!" Fig said, almost disdainfully, and Hazel straightened her shoulders. Wanted to make a good impression, as it seemed.