Chapter Twelve - Magic

Hi there! I'm unfortunately a bit sickly at the moment, so I don't know if I'll manage to upload something next week. But I hope you still enjoy the story and accompany me further on Hazel's journey :) Leave a comment, dear ones, that keeps an author motivated ;) Love you all!

--------------------------------------

This time, her dream was mostly related to a completely new fear: losing Ominis. One moment she saw him being eaten by that dragon instead of Osric, the next she saw a stone knight severely injuring him. The only difference was, that she could feel his presence all the time. His lips on her forehead when she started to throw herself around. His arms holding her against him when she whimpered in her sleep. This time she was able to say in her dream >This is not real<, which is why she slept until noon anyway.

When she woke up, the first thing she smelled was his unmistakable scent: a forest after a summer rain. She smiled and pressed herself against him, breathing deeply. A laugh rumbled in his chest. "Good morning," Hazel murmured sleepily, closing her eyes again. She could get used to this. Again he laughed. "It's almost mid-day. If we hurry, we can still eat something" he said and ran his hand along her back, almost making her purr. "If it means we can stay lying here like this, I'm no longer interested in food" she mumbled sheepishly into his pajamas.

"Don't say that. After yesterday's strain, you should definitely eat something", he said. She knew it too, but she enjoyed the feeling that glowed deep inside her - a deep comfort - so much. She had last felt like this as a child - only with him as far as she remembered.

A little late, they sat down next to Sebastian at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. "Ah woke up once too, did you? How are you?" he asked Hazel. She looked better than she had last night. Not quite so pale anymore. She still had slightly darker circles under her eyes and the scratches on her face were still quite obvious, as was a bruise that had formed around the bridge of her nose. She looked a little, like she had been in a fistfight. Her movements were also less focused and elegant, she stumbled more and seemed to be in pain from time to time. Hazel dismissed that with a wave of her hand. "I'm fine," she said.

To tease her a bit, he put his hand on her back for a short time and pressed lightly on her bruise. "Ow! okay, okay! don't do that! I'm halfway okay. Are you happy?" she said, poking him in the ribs. He laughed, but nodded.

"Merlin, what happened to you?" a girl she hadn't had much to do with before suddenly said: Imelda Reyes.

" I tripped last night, while walking, and fell down a hill, hit my nose on a rock. Nothing serious" she said as if it was a normal thing to do and smiled charmingly. "Well, I hope you'll do better when you fly," she said with a sneer and turned her attention back to her friends.

Then Hazel did something that made Sebastian grin widely and wich surprised Ominis less than it should have: Before her owl could make itself heard and drop onto her shoulder, Hazel stuck out her elbow and pierced her owl with a deadly glare. "My shoulder is not your personal chicken perch, Madame," she said clearly to her, and Lilly dropped onto her offered arm, a letter in her beak. Satisfied, Hazel smiled and accepted it, petting Lilly. With an indignant screech, she flew away again. "Oh, Professor Fig will be back on Monday!" she exclaimed delightedly when she read the letter, earning a few confused looks. It was rare that teachers and students corresponded privately, even rarer voluntarily. But that didn't bother Hazel. "That's good. Then you can tell him about your hill" Sebastian said laughing. "Hey, that's unfair" she laughed back.