Chapter Fourteen - Crucio

Friday morning started out truly wonderful for Hazel. She had finally slept a dreamless sleep, in his arms. As she slowly woke up, she laid with her head on his chest, smiling as she listened to his heartbeat and breathing, feeling real peace for the first time in a long while. With a happy sigh, she cuddled up to him. It was this moment that made her realize how much she really felt for Omini's Gaunt.

She smiled and sat up a little, propping herself up with her elbow to watch him sleep. The top buttons of his pajamas had come undone in his sleep and the upper part of his chest was somewhat visible. His otherwise neat hair lay spread out in wild strands and fell into his forehead and his expression looked happy, peaceful and he was so beautiful to her.

Basically, Ominis had not changed that much. He still had the same blond hair, still had the same soft but sightless bluish-green eyes, the same smile. Of course, he no longer had that baby face that 5 year olds had, but he had been handsome even then and getting older suited him exceptionally well, in her opinion.

His demeanor toward others was quite suspicious and sarcastic, almost mischievous. She had heard that he liked to play pranks on the first graders, that the mermaids let themselves be seen from the windows of the common room, but towards her he was just as loving and caring as he used to be since then.

He made her feel like it was okay; to not always be strong on her own, to be able to let herself go. To be loved and cared for. She stared at him in love, watching him sleep, smiling thoughtlessly. She didn't even hear the knock at her door and Sebastian stuck his head in.

When he cleared his throat, she was completely startled. She winced and struggled not to wake Ominis, staring at Sebastian, who grinned sheepishly. "Sorry... you should get up soon" he said, winking at her and closing the door.

She gently placed her hand on the exposed part of Ominis' chest and carefully drew circles on his skin with her fingers. As he slowly woke up as well, he smiled. "I could get used to this" he whispered, almost too softly and stretched, putting his arms around her.

"Unfortunately, we hardly have time for that. We have to get ready soon, even Sebastian was already here" she said softly, resting her head on his chest again. "But yes, I could get used to that too" she added in a whisper herself.

For a few more minutes they lay arm and arm before Hazel stood up. She swayed slightly and stumbled a step forward before gripping the bedpost. "Are you okay?" Ominis asked in concern. "Y-yes. My sense of balance just left me again for a bit" she sighed in frustration. She thought it was terrible that the twins' act had been affecting her for so long.

"Expelled from school for a year'" Ominis grumbled, who had sat down on the edge of the bed. "Far too mild of a punishment, if you ask me. At least they have to stay away from you permanently" he added. "They got a punishment. That's what counts. What bothers me more, is that I've made an entire family my enemy. I think I'll ask Professor Fig if this no-contact rule will allow me to >Bombarda< in case of violation" she laughed and carefully went to her dresser, from which she picked out her uniform.

"Do you think it will be warm today?" she asked the grinning Ominis, who had stored his uniform in one of the bedside cabinets at her place. He was in the process of buttoning up his shirt. "It's still summertime. As long as you take your robe with you, you should still be able to wear short sleeves," he replied.