Chapter Twenty Two - Sunny Sunday

After breakfast, Ominis took her by her healthy hand and gently pulled her out of the hall. Hazel turned to her uncle, hoping she wouldn't have to send him an owl, and caught him looking after them with a frown. She made a quick motion between herself and Ominis and her uncle just nodded. Hazel sighed.

"What's wrong?" ominis asked her directly, but did not stop. She gently squeezed his hand. "I think my uncle doesn't agree with our relationship" she murmured thoughtfully. He returned her squeeze. "Well, there could be a lot of reasons for that. Among other things, when you couldn't hear anything, I snapped at him pretty badly when it came to the Malfoys" he revealed to her.

When she winced at the mention of the name >Malfoy<, he frowned and gently ran his thumb over the back of her hand. He hadn't known how much it still affected her.

"Y-you snapped at my uncle?" she asked, startled. Ominis laughed softly as they left the castle through the front entrance. He heard her sigh in relief as they stepped out the door of this huge castle and she relaxed a little more.

"Yes. I made it clear to him that I would not tolerate the way you were treated. That it was my business if my girlfriend was tortured and hurt, and that I could not guarantee their safety if something happened to you again for which they were to blame. After that, I told you to tell him about what happened in the library. Are you okay?" he asked as she clung to his hand. She sheepishly loosened her grip. "Sorry. I-I just... don't like to think about that." she mumbled. Ominis gave her an apologetic look.

"Anyway, I was quite harsh. Even if I rather think it has something to do with my family" he told her his thoughts about it. "I have more concerns about my family..." she murmured.

"So, theoretically, you and I don't have to worry about that. Our families are both purebloods and obsessed with power. Our relationship would fit both families in their image. But your uncle and you are outsiders in your family. Maybe he's worried that this will bring you back into the clutches of your family, who had...well...sorry. Or that I'm introducing you to the Dark Arts, because it's a traditional sport in my family, but one I've abandoned. Actually, I have generally abandoned my family, but few people know that," he explained gloomily.

"It's a shame that we even need to abandon our families. I'm becoming less and less comfortable with things I'm learning about my family, too. Oh no!" Hazel slapped her hand over her mouth in shock as she remembered her mother's package sitting unopened on her nightstand.

"What's wrong?" Ominis asked, startled when her hand disappeared from his. "Mom's package! How could I forget!" she exclaimed. Ominis laughed. "Shall we go get it quickly?" he offered with a smile, extending his hand to her again. "That would be nice. I feel terrible for not answering her yet! She always worries so quickly!" she sighed and grabbed his hand. In all these weeks she hadn't written to her parents once "If I'm honest, I'd like to change and freshen up too, if you don't mind" she confessed to him. She was still wearing yesterday's pants, skirt and shirt and sweater. " As long as you are comfortable and happy, little snake" Ominis smiled at her. Hazel blushed. "I'm always happy with you," she mumbled sheepishly and pulled him back towards the castle.

When she had showered and was about to dress in the small bathroom, one of her spells went a bit off and her light corset, which she wore over her undergarment, as usual, began to strangulate her. Ominis heard the air being forced from Hazel's lungs.