Chapter Twenty Three - Flying's not that easy isn't it?

The next morning she was unpleasantly reminded that she had forgotten an appointment the night before. When she woke up, her hand throbbed unpleasantly and her cheek also hurt.

" Crap" she mumbled still quite sleepy, when she woke up around 5, because she had accidentally laid on her hand. Next to her, Ominis stirred. "What's wrong?" he asked, rubbing his eyes. "We didn't go back to Noreen last night," she mumbled, a bit snivelling.

Suddenly Ominis was wide awake. "Dragonshit!" he cursed. "When you say it like that, it probably hurts, doesn't it? I'm sorry I didn't remember you!" he apologized, frowning. Hazel lay back down properly and shook her head at his chest. "It's my hand and my health. I should have thought of that. But I probably just didn't want to for once. The day yesterday was so wonderful" she sighed and had to smile again. He gently stroked her back and smiled too. "Every day with you, is one of the best days of my life" he flirted with a grin. Hazel laughed.

As he made a move to get up, Hazel grumbled. "I'd rather cuddle with you all day, too, darling. But I think it's time to get up anyway. We have to get to Noreen before breakfast" he said and as she came closer to his face, he gently ran his hand over the plaster on her cheek. She sighed as that feathery touch already hurt and kissed him lovingly before pushing herself up and standing up with a groan.

"Sore muscles?" he asked with raised eyebrows at her moan. She sighed. "I think I'm getting old" she grumbled. "But it's just my back. Maybe from the fall, it's not like the bruises are very old. I mean, how are they supposed to go away neatly if they keep getting hit?" she then laughed, rubbing the spot where a Dugbog had landed his hit a few days earlier. It felt nowhere near as bad. More like a sore muscle than a bruise. At least the stomach bruise seemed to have healed, Ominis thought, remembering how much she had eaten yesterday after all.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, or would you like to go first?" she asked him, as if it was the most mundane thing in the world. Ominis laughed back at her. "No, no, you go ahead, darling. Don't forget your clothes" he said lovingly and stepped up to her. He gave her a gentle kiss on her hair and pushed her a little towards the bathroom. As she closed the door, she could still hear him laughing.

When she was finished and dry again, he heard her sigh. "So, let's do the stupid corset" he heard her sigh and laughed softly. "But not so tight this time, please!" he called out to her. "Peeping Tom!" she replied with a laugh.

When they arrived at the Infirmary, Noreen was already waiting for them with a reproachful look.

"I know! I was so fucking stupid! Please don't say anything and just help me!" Hazel begged when Noreen tried to lecture her. Noreen sighed and pulled Hazel by her healthy hand to a sitting area where she already had everything ready. "If you had come here last night, you might not need the bandage today" she murmured as she freed her hand from the bandage and pressed a wrapped Glacius potion into her scalded hand. "Heavens, that feels good" Hazel sighed. Her hand had felt really uncomfortably warm that morning. Noreen made a reproachful sound and Ominis put a hand on her shoulder placatingly.

"We just had such a nice day yesterday that this kind of thing just got forgotten. She's paying the price now, don't you think?" he said with a smile. "I guess you're right about that. So, take the plaster off the cheek and hold the potion on it while I take care of the hand" Noreen determined.