uneasy

Kids bounced around non-stop, crowding the park as well as food trucks and stands surrounding the outside.

Marcy wasn't the biggest fan of crowds, or crowded places, she never was and it would always make her nervous.

She decided to follow the two, catching up to them and waking next to Anne, which was no surprise to Sasha, who waved to her friend she found in the line for ice cream.

"What are we doing?" Marcy asked, rubbing her hands together anxiously.

"I was thinking to get some food, probably sausages or something, then those weird looking games?" Sasha suggested, which both Marcy and Anne agreed to.

They shifted through the crowd and eventually found the sausage stand, the smell wafting through the air. They joined the line, which was pretty short compared to the others.

When they reached the stand, the man handed them all one each, offering ketchup to all three which they took.

They sat at an unoccupied bench near a big tree on the edge of the park, eating down the food as the sun was starting to dip, and the event only lasted two hours.

They sat and causally talked for a few more minutes before moving to the arrow darts game, which had a group of year nines walking away from it as they arrived.

Sasha's turn was first, which she got a couple points from getting near the middle, followed by Anne who embarrassed herself by missing the board entirely, then Marcy, who got a bullseye.

Sasha threw her a thumbs up while Anne cheered. "Good job Mars!" Anne congratulated, playfully nudging her shoulder, making Marcy giggle.

-

With only an hour left, the girls made the most of it, proven by the plushie Marcy had won, but ended up giving it to Anne.

A lot of the students had left now, including Sasha, who was invited over by another friend.

Now it was just Anne, Marcy and about two classes worth of people, one of which was a big group of boys hanging out around the sausage stand, which was packing up.

After a while of chatting, Anne had texted her dad to pick them up, who was on his way while Marcy told her about last Friday.

"... And then she picked up one of those orange ice cream cones and went around telling people she was a pigeon!" She finished, making Anne laugh.

The car soon pulled up as they stopped laughing, walking towards it, Anne sitting in the back again.

Right as he started driving they both grabbed the other's hand, reflecting off the mirror into Mr. Boonchuy's mirror as he couldn't help but wink at Anne, making her give back a grumpy look.

Marcy remembered again, reminding herself to do it tonight, determined to finally let out her feelings-to tell her.

Sure, she didn't want to be rejected, nobody did, but it's better than bottling it up in her opinion.

He pulled into the driveway, getting out with the girls and locking the car, going inside the house, followed by Anne.

"Wait." Marcy's hand closed on Anne's, who was confused, but turned to the black haired girl.

"I need you." She said, which probably came across as more than what she meant, but she didn't mind.

Anne smiled and stepped outside again. "Dad, I gotta do something, hold on!" She called out to her dad, closing the house door.

"What do you need?" Anne asked, clasping their other hands together.

Marcy gulped, strangely uneasy. "Follow me."

(A/N) Yes the pigeon thing was based on a true story-

also CLIFFHANGER (kinda, not rlly)

ALSO very short chapter-

Word count: 612