never be a burden

After the scene had died down, stars dotted the sky as the sun was barely up, Marcy and Anne staring to eat.

The two occasionally stole glances as they ate, their hands still intertwined, Marcy giving Anne's hand a soft squeeze whenever she caught her eye.

They pushed their bowls to the end of the table after they finished, staying back a few minutes before leaving as the store closed, Anne's parents packing up the restraunt.

"Aw man, my parents want me home tonight," Marcy sighed, upset to leave Anne.

"Awhhh, see you at school?" Anne asked, earning a nod from her girlfriend, reluctant to let go of her hand, rubbing her thumb before doing so.

Anne's parents beckoned her into the car, making her slowly walk away, Marcy in the opposite direction.

Anne blew her a kiss, voicing a quick "I love you," to her, making her blush and blow one back, repeating the phrase to Anne as she sat down in the car, a smile on her face.

-

She groggily woke with the sun in her eyes, her alarm buzzing under her pillow, quickly turning it off.

She turned over and realised Marcy wasn't there, dampening her mood. "I want Marcy..." She muttered.

Anne fully awakened, packing a lunch, changing into school uniform and rushing out the door, excited to see Marcy again.

-

Anne rushed into the hall, putting her bag in her locker, closing it and spotting Marcy at the other side of the corridor.

She ran over to her, the girl turning to see her, making a smile cross her face.
As Anne reached her locker, Marcy pecked her cheek and gently held her hand, making Anne blush.

They made eye contact, softly smiling at each other. Marcy squeezed Anne's hand, her smile growing at the gesture, the two finally finding their classroom.

They walked in and sat together in the back row, which was usually taken up, but they had come early so they wouldn't be separated by someone sitting in the middle.

The starting bell sounded, causing their classmates to spill into the room, sitting around them, the teacher soon explaining the day and handing them test papers.

Students mumbled and complained, which was understandable, since they had had one the previous week, but Marcy and Anne just grabbed out their pens, hoping the tests would be finished early so they could talk.

Anne wiped easily through a few questions, though she seemed to be stuck on one.

She closed her eyes, trying to focus on the test, rubbing her temples.

It seemed like she couldn't think, shutting them tighter. She tried to clear her mind, but it didn't work, letting out a quiet grunt.

She felt something soft and warm touch her hand, turning to see where it came from.

It was Marcy, who had noticed she was troubled and gently grabbed her hand, reassuring her and rubbing her thumb.

Anne relaxed, then getting frightened by the bell going, letting them have break.

The teacher dismissed them, their classmates rushing out and handing in tests, though Anne promised herself she would do it at home.

Marcy and Anne squeezed out of the class, other classrooms emptying as they found a place in the hall where nobody would interrupt them.

"Were you okay back there?" Marcy asked, still holding her hand.

Anne clung closer into her hand. "Yeah... I was just stuck on a question, I'll do it later, don't worry about it," She answered, paranoid she wouldn't believe her.

Marcy smiled softly. "You know you could have just asked me, right?"

"I didn't want to bother you, I'm usually a huge nuisance-"

Marcy noticed the change of mood, the test becoming unrelated, deciding to do what felt right and comfort her.

"You don't bother me, Anne!" she responded lightly, raising her voice slightly, her other hand on her arm, smiling at her. "And you're not a nuisance."

"I love you, Anne, I probably always will, you'll never be a burden."

Anne's expression turned to relief, Marcy's hand moving from her arm to above her chest.

Marcy smiled at her, reassuring her she wasn't joking, making her smile back widely. "I love you too."

She pulled her down by her shirt collar, making Anne blush as Marcy captured her lips in hers.

Anne closed her eyes, kissing back gently, feeling Marcy smile into the kiss.

The kiss was blissful, love-filled, passionate and perfect in every sense.

Anne's hands held Marcy's head, pulling her closer, Anne gently pressed against a locker as they kissed, Marcy growing more dazed by Anne's affection, if she even could.

The deep kiss ended reluctantly, Marcy slowly pulling away, Anne gazing at her with a grin.

"Remember what I said, alright?" Marcy said, pecking her forehead, lingering before going to her next class.

(word count: 807)