butterflies

It was about midnight when dark clouds spread across the sky, casting hard rains and cracks of thunder.

Marcy furrowed her brows in her sleep, waking up her hand to make sure Anne was still there before coming closer as another bolt crashed the sky, making them both jolt awake. Anne took a big inhale, catching her breath as it woke her.

"Pfft, we're gonna have good luck sleeping tonight," Marcy bantered, making Anne smirk, Marcy moving up to her face level.

"What?? What's so funny?" She asked with a joking tone, causing Anne to giggle more. 

"I dunno!" She replied, smiling. Marcy soon just gave up her fake anger and started laughing with her, to be ruined by another beat of thunder. 

 Marcy winced at it and slightly jumped, making Anne hold her tighter. "Are you scared of thunder?" She asked, comforting her by letting her fingers brush through her hair. She felt Marcy nod against her chest, making Anne's concerned expression soften.

"You know I'm here, right? You're safe here and I love you." Anne reassured, Making Marcy's eyes snap onto hers with a blush.

"Sorry, was that too much?" Anne stuttered, starting to regret what she said before Marcy relaxed, cupping Anne's cheek.

"Anne," She took a small breath in. "I love you too." She smiled and pecked her lips, making Anne smile back, her heart fluttering and filling with butterflies.

She remembered her question before, which after tonight may have been a little stupid to ask, but hey, good just to make sure. "Hey, uh, question," Anne started, being interrupted by another crackle, but Marcy didn't seem to care, putting her full focus on Anne.

She tried not to lose herself in Marcy, quickly clearing her throat. "Erm, is- are we official? I know it's pretty dumb now because y'know, we kissed-" Marcy cut her off by putting her finger over her lips.

"It's fine asking, Anne. I don't think we made it clear enough, but in my eyes, yeah, you're my girlfriend." She gave a smile, making Anne smile at the word.

She grabbed her hand, raising their interlocked hands. "You're mine, too. Always."

Marcy smiled softly, another bang shortly illuminating her face. "I really do love you, Anne. So much." She sighed happily, gazing at Anne freely, making her fall for her all over again.

"Love you too." Anne said with open arms, letting Marcy come in as the storm passed. Marcy gladly wrapped her arms around her, her legs tracing over Anne's.

She smiled and nuzzled into her neck, her arms around Marcy, both minds echoing the same thing.

I'm so lucky to have her.

Anne snuggled closer, finally tired enough to fall asleep. "Goodnight."

"'Night, honey."

                                  -

Anne groggily woke up, the first thing in her sight being Marcy, reminding her of the wonders of the previous night.

She stared softly at the sleeping girl, keeping her mind at peace, bright rays of sunlight shining down on them. "Cmon, Mar-mar, we gotta get up, dad made pancakes!"

"Ten more minutes.." Marcy tiredly yawned, making Anne nod. She was ready to get up and off the bed, half untangling herself from Marcy to hear her wailing.

"Noooooo... Too warm..." Marcy pouted, tugging Anne back, who gave up and wrapped herself back up with Marcy with a small red tint on her cheeks.

Marcy moved closer and let out a noise of satisfaction.

Minutes passed like seconds, before they knew it, it had been ten minutes, fifteen, taking twenty before Mr Boonchuy called them down.

Marcy stirred, stretching her arms and letting go of Anne, making a loss of warmth cross over them both but they brushed it off, changing into different clothes and reaching for the other's hand as they walked down the stairs.

They sat down side by side, interlocking their fingers under the table. The breakfast was then set in front of them as they dug in, glancing at each other every now and then, which her dad took notice of and decided to talk to her later.

They thanked the man and rinsed their plates before returning to Anne's room, looking for something to do.

They ended up deciding on a day at home, which seemed pretty boring, but the other would make the day memorable.

"I should probably text my parents or something, this is normal I guess but they should know," Marcy said, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

After a few seconds, Marcy gave Anne an excited look before announcing, "They don't mind it as long as I'm back by tomorrow morning!"

"Well, what are we waiting for?"

(A/N) WOAH I'M SLOW AT UPDATING- bit of a boring chapter but eh

Colds are going around- it's almost winter, they said it might be hot UGH

Also if you saw the original name, no you didn't

word count: 813