Chapter 1

The characters from the Harry Potter series are not mine and belong to J.K. Rowling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excitement and nerves wrestled in the pit of my stomach as the burrow came in to view. It was a tall crooked and homely looking house nestled in the green hills of Southern England. It wouldn't look like much to the average person, maybe even off-putting, but to me it looked like home. My second home actually.

It had only been a couple of months since I last saw the fiery red-headed family that lived here, but the excitement was always the same. They were my family away from family and I loved each and every one of them dearly. They took care of me when I had to be thousands of miles away from my real family.

The trip from North Carolina had been long and excruciating. And unexpected layover in New York extended our travel time by about 18 hours and I was ready to move freely again. Not to mention catch up on some much-needed sleep in a real bed.

It would be easier if one of the Weasley's just came to my house in North Carolina since they could apparate and everything, but my dad was stubborn. He wanted to bring me here himself every year. My father is a squib. He was born in England but his family disowned him when it was apparent he had to magic abilities. He came from the Black family, a long line of purebloods who took their heritage very seriously and it was unheard of for someone to turn out to be a squib. Once he was old enough he decided to move to America so he would no longer be the outcast. There he met my mother and they got married and had me. They were both over the moon when I showed my magic abilities at a young age and I am what they call "Their proudest accomplishment in life". When I turned 11 Dumbledore was kind enough to make an exception for me to come study at Hogwarts, so I had been making the journey to England every year for the last five years. And every year my father insisted on bringing me himself.

The car pulled up the dirt drive to the front of the burrow and I immediately swung the door open as soon as we came to a stop and I jumped out, stretching my legs. The kitchen door faced out to the driveway, the top half was open, giving me a view inside of Mrs. Weasley beaming and wiping her hands on a dish towel before she came bustling out.

"Oh Cassidy, it's so nice to see you, my dear," She pulled me into a rib crushing hug.

"Hey Mrs. Weasley, long time no see," I joked, hugging her back as best I could.

My dad got out of the car and came around to give Mrs. Weasley a hug as well, "So wonderful to see you too, Adler," She beamed.

"Great to see you, Molly."

"Cassidy!"

I turned to see my two favorite people barreling towards me. George reached me first and pulled me into a hug, lifting me up and spinning me around at the same time. This caused my heart to flutter and my breathing hitched slightly in my throat. When he set me down again I was slightly dizzy and had to grab his arm to help balance me.

"Hey, you guys!" I exclaimed, giving Fred a hug once I gained my bearings once more.

I craned my neck, I now had to look up in order to see their faces as they towered over me, they had grown at least three inches since I last saw them. I'm short but they're definitely abnormally tall by now.

"Man, Mrs. Weasley, what have you been feeding them this summer?" I asked nodding towards the twins.

"They've about eaten us out of house and home is what they've done, "She said trying to look sternly at the two of them but they both just laughed, "I've never had children grow as fast as these two."