Chapter 10

Chapter 10

It was now the day of the drawing for the Triwizard Tournament and I was talking to Hermione in the Grand Hall and watching other people enter in the tournament, Cedric Diggory had just put his name in and waved at me and Hermione, we both smiled and waved back. It seemed like Cedric was constantly surrounded by a group of people. Harry and Ron joined us just as Cedric was leaving.

“Hello girls,” Ron said sitting down next to Hermione.

“Hello,” We replied together, making us laugh.

Fred and George then came running into the Great Hall, high fiving people as they ran by, and came to stand next to us. I looked down again, not wanting to meet either of their eyes. I hadn’t really talked to either of them the past couple days and it was probably going to stay that way.

"Well lads we finished it just this morning," Fred said excitedly, I could feel his gaze fall on me.

"Finished what?" asked Ron.

"The aging potion, dung brains," George replied. I could tell he too looked over at me.

"It's not going to work," Hermione said in a high pitched voice.

 "Oh yeah?" says Fred, "How come?" continues George.

"See this?" she asks pointing to a thin golden line around the goblet "It's an age line; I'm sure someone as brilliant as Dumbledore would have thought of this"

"I guess there's only one way to find out," replied George, "Ready Fred?" he asks.

Fred held up his vile, "Ready George," he replies.

“Bottoms up!" They say together as they both take a small sip from the vials.

They then jump off the bench into the circle and nothing happens. They both cheer in triumph along with everyone else in the hall. They then each put a slip of paper into the Goblet and cheered again but their cheering was cut short, blue fire had erupted around them and they flew twenty feet backwards. When they sat up they both had long white hair and white beards. Everyone started laughing and as soon as they saw each other they looked shocked and then joined in.

We all jumped when a deep voice sounded from behind us, "I did warn you," we all turned to see Dumbledore standing there with an amused look on his face, "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey."

They both hurried to stand up and made their way out of the great hall. I couldn’t help but laugh at the looks on their faces when they saw each other.

**********

Everyone had finished dinner and Dumbledore was now standing next to the Goblet, "Well the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," he said, "I estimate that it requires one more minute. When the champions names are called, I would ask them to please come up to the top of the hall, walk along the staff table, and go through the door to the next chamber, where you will receive your first set of instructions."

Suddenly the fire in the goblet turned from icy blue to fiery red, sparks began to fly from it, there was a small piece of paper that was spit from it and Dumbledore caught it and held it arm’s length and the flames turned back to the icy blue color.

"The champion for Drumstrang will be, Victor Krum!"

Applause and cheers erupted in the hall as Krum got up from the table and walked through the door next to the staff table. Everyone fell quiet again as the flame turned red. A second piece of paper shot out of it and Dumbledore caught it again.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is, Fleur Delacour!"

Applause and cheers erupted again and she gracefully made her way through the door every one grew quiet again. The flame turned red and another piece of paper shot out of it, Dumbledore once again caught it.

"The Hogwarts champion is, Cedric Diggory!"

The cheers and applause was deafening this time as he made his way up to the door.

"Now we have our three champions and I hope you will all join me in cong-" he was cut off as the flame turned red for the fourth time, and soon another piece of paper shot out. Dumbledore caught it and stared at it for a moment and then called out

"Harry Potter."