Chapter 17: The Arrival

After all the chaotic events that have happened recently, Seiji's life had managed to finally ease back into some normalcy
(Or at least as normal as having a serial killer roommate)

Seiji locked himself in his room, seeking solace and privacy. His objective was to locate his yukata, but having Hideaki's presence around would only complicated his search. After never ending feeling of rummaging through his closet, he finally managed to found his clothes: a impeccably folded, navy-blue men's yukata.

The programmer, felt a surge of happiness upon finding it. He was curious if the clothes is still good to use.
To his relief, it remained in perfect condition. He hung the garment on a hanger and securely placed it inside the closet.

Meanwhile, Hideaki persistently attempted to gain Seiji's attention from behind the door, loudly knocking as an effort to reach him.
"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THERE, HUH!? ARE YOU CONSTRUCTING SOME TRAP ON ME!?!?"

The killer wanted to get into Seiji's bedroom, to see what the programmer was doing all alone, and why he locked himself so tightly, from him.

After completing his task, Seiji opened the door, with a bright grin on his face.

Upon witnessing Seiji's smiling face, the murderer's aggression was aroused, prompting him to retort, "Tch~ what are you smiling at, huh? Are you secretly laughing at me!?"

Seiji calmly replied, "I'm smiling because I found the item I was searching for. Remember what I mentioned before? That someone important will be coming to see me in a few weeks?"

"Mhm... and what does that have to do with anything?" Hideaki inquired, his curiosity piqued.

"They'll be arriving tomorrow," Seiji revealed. "After work, I'll be picking them up from the station."

"Really!? Tch! Time has flown by so quickly..." Hideaki remarked, being unexpected surprised.

"Yes, indeed," Seiji concurred with a chuckle.

"I hope this person won't turn out to be another shitty brat who wants to challenge me to a duel," Hideaki mused, his tone tinged with concern.

Seiji burst into laughter upon hearing this. "Hahaha! No, I don't think she has any intention of dueling with you. In fact, she doesn't know you at all."

"She?" Hideaki questioned, visibly surprised by the revelation.

"Yes, hehe... I guess it's no point in hiding it. It's my younger sister who will be joining us. She will stay for a few days during her Summer break." Seiji explained.

"I see..." Hideaki responded.

"We should get some rest... Tomorrow is a significant day... and Hideaki," Seiji paused, his voice becoming serious.

"Hm...?" Hideaki prompted.

"Please, behave tomorrow. I don't want you to bring me any embarrassment," Seiji requested earnestly.

"Huh!? I always behave!" the murderer protested, feeling slightly offended.

"Except that it's not always apparent... You're very often showing how undiscplined you can be." Seiji gently admonished. "But anyways, let's end this conversation for today... We've got big day tomorrow. Good night."

"Tch! Bye..." Hideaki muttered, exiting Seiji's room and making his way to the sofa.

Wrapping himself in a blanket, he grumbled under his breath, "I am undisciplined!? Idiot! Everything is fine with my behavior!"

Moments later, he attempted to drift off to sleep, but his anger at Seiji's comment hindered his efforts. By result, his attempts to get some sleep stretched longer and longer...