Chapter 44: Christmas

Christmas preparations have started in full swing. The decorations they bought at the market hung proudly from high, adding Christmas charm to the apartment.

In the eagerly awaiting day, Seiji and his roommate started making food, which turned out delicious in the end.

Seeing how well the dishes looked on the table, Seiji smiled proudly.

"We made it!" he said, then held out his hand to give Hideaki a high five for a job well done.

"Y-yes, hehe." he replied with a smile, and somewhat hesitantly pinned Seji's hand.

Soon they both sat down at the table and started talking about what they had done, sharing small talks in the meantime. The appetizing smell lingered in the air, and the food itself was delicious in every bite. Time after time, traditional Japanese winter dishes disappeared from the plates.

After some time, there were only empty plates on the table.

Seiji felt like he couldn't squeeze in any more, but when he looked at his belly, it was much smaller than Hideaki's. Mainly because of the well-built figure and muscles the blonde had.

Seiji chuckled as he glanced over at Hideaki, whose belly had grown noticeably rounder after their indulgent meal. "Looks like someone enjoyed dinner a bit too much," he teased, poking Hideaki's protruding belly gently.

Hideaki grinned sheepishly, rubbing his stuffed stomach. "Hey, you can't blame me! Your cooking is just too good," he stationed, his cheeks tinted pink.

"It wasn't only my cooking. We did it together!" Seiji replied smiling genuiely. "But maybe we should take it easy next time."

"Y-yeah... hehe... I'm stuffed.." the killer said as he continued rubbing his full stomach.

"Well... Now, as we finished dinner, how about we exchange gifts we bought to ourselves?" Seiji asked.

"Yes!" Hideaki said excitedly, pushing himself up from the table to retrieve his present for Seiji.

Seiji watched as Hideaki rummaged through his belongings, feeling a surge of fondness for his friend. Despite everything they had been through, Hideaki's companionship brought Seiji a comforting sense of joy and connection.

When Hideaki came back with the gift in hand, Seiji already had a gift prepared for him.

They soon returned to their places, and exchanged the presents.

"Merry Christmas!" Said each of them.

Now it was only matter of time to unpack the contents of the boxes.

Seiji carefully opened his gift. He was surprised by the mass of it. When he unfolded the decorative paper, his reaction was equally astonished. From inside he took out a bamboo mat, designed specifically for making sushi, and a hand-made knife.

The programmer chuckled a bit. "What, you want me to make sushi now?"

Hideaki blushed in embarrassment. "Um... N-not exactly... I... I thought it would be fun for you to experiment with your cooking, you know..."

Seiji smiled genuinely. "I see. Hehe. Thank you!" He ruffled Hideaki's hair in appreciation.

This time Hideaki opened his present. In it, he took out a crimson scarf. His eyes widened at how wide and fluffy it was "Ooh! It's so soft!" He said and he wrapped it around his neck, unfortunately he didn't do it skillfully,

Seiji seeing this sighed, and jiggled softly "Let me correct it on you." He said and he attempted to make the scarf look well on his friend.

Now as it was all settled as it should be, Hideaki could feel the warmth and softness of the item. "Mmmmm..... So... nice...." he purred, surrendering himself to the scarf's embrace. Then he noticed something else on the bottom of the pack. He took it out, and upon seeing it, he got even more excited. "A Limited Edition Snacks!" He said loudly and immediately ingluded himself in eating the food inside the box.