Chapter 34: Confessions

Seiji returned to his room with Hideaki.

"Sit down." The programmer instructed the killer, gesturing towards the bed. He himself, took a seat at his desk, leaning back with a heavy disappointed sigh.

"Leaving you there alone was a mistake... Apparently, whenever you have the opportunity, you don't hesitate to murder... Even if they are innocent people... I understand that you wanted to take it out on this man who hurt our neighbors, so did I... But slaughtering these two other people, who were probably just passing by, was a gross exaggeration.
I really hoped that you wouldn't do this... That these were just my wrong assumptions based on your smile after all... But looks like I was wrong...
And to add, you do realize that someone could already reported this sick mess you did there to the police??"

"Huh!? But then what that hell I should do instead huh!? They saw what I did! I had to get rid of them!"

"But it could have been done in another way! And you chose the worst possible one! Although, on the other hand, why am I surprised!? Murdering others is a form of fun for you, so no wonder you rushed at them! Really, how can you be so crazy..."

Hideaki glared angrily at Seiji for judging him. He didn't think he did anything wrong. He didn't see anything terrible about it.
"So what if I'm crazy?? Maybe that's what I like about myself, huh?"

"Only that way of  liking yourself  isn't moral... quite the opposite...
The path you've been and continue to be on, is wrong.
Driving you only more into insanity that you can't control.
It consumes you. It makes you unable to get rid of it... you just follow the madness... you do it for fun, but you don't see or ignore that it can be toxic to the environment...
You were already in prison once, but you escaped... Didn't the time you spent there teach you anything?"

"It did teach me... It taught me that I need to build stronger defenses, so that no one can defeat me... destroy me... from the inside..."

"And that's why you are so closed up? That's why you're so slow to commit any changes...?"

"Tch! I don't know! And to add, your stupid bossy attitude towards me is making me mad!"

"But don't you see that all what I'm doing to you means for your own good?? I don't know if you know this but for a past weeks you've shown me that you can be truly good, caring and sensitive man. Someone who is deep down buried inside of you... Can't you accept that fact?"

"Tch! Stop talking shit! I never was a good person! and never will be... Even if someone tried to prove me otherwise, deep down I knew that it isn't truth!"

Listening to Hideaki's perspective on himself and more significantly, observing his demeanor, left Seiji sighing in disappointment, a sense of hopelessness settling in.
"Tell me... Why... Why you're thinking that you're so bad?
Does this made you become who you are? This bloodthirsty murderer? Because honestly, I don't know how to deal with you anymore..."

"I already told you... I suffered so why shouldn't they?"

"But how did you suffer? Tell me what happened. Maybe this way I will get to know you better and help you with everything you keep deep inside."

"No!" Hideaki suddenly said back
He was becoming visibly nervous. 'Why does he wants to know this so badly?? Why he is so driven into changing me!? Even after spending with me so much time... experiencing so much pain from me, he should be feared by me! And yet... he still didn't give up yet... he still wants to "fix" me? Idiot!'

"Hideaki, I just want to help you!"

"No!!"

"Tell me please!"