16

Having spent about thirty minutes, I put my pencils and erasers away letting out a loud sigh having completed the few exercises I had left in mathematics, proceeding to review each one of them to try to find any errors, at the same time that I saw...

Having spent about thirty minutes, I put my pencils and erasers away letting out a loud sigh having completed the few exercises I had left in mathematics, proceeding to review each one of them to try to find any errors, at the same time that I saw if the graphs and letters of the equations were in the correct order. And I even checked if the lines were straight or if they had the odd curve, because I knew how my hands sometimes deceived me and the ruler moved, many times my perfectionism led me to redo the entire task.

I would stay up late and cry because I thought that not even one line could do well, but in the end the tasks turned out perfectly and that was like a kind of compensation for me.

When I noticed that I had not made any mistakes when doing them, I was able to breathe calmly and close my notebook feeling satisfied, to later arrange my tools in perfect order while I got up from my place, trying not to make too much noise so as not to distract the others girls.

I looked at Yoo-Jeong, feeling the need to let her know that I would get up and go to my place, but my nervousness made an appearance and prevented me from speaking to her, claiming that if I called her my voice would probably be heard throughout the room and so on. I would have everyone else's attention on me, so the only cost-effective option I saw was to write in a memo and stick it on her left hand.

And that I did.

"I'll go to my bed since I'm done with my homework.
Su-Zu."

Was it too dry?

I don't know how to talk to her because I don't trust her enough and I don't want to explain too much either.

That's fine for now, just give her the memo.

I gently placed the small purple piece of paper on her hand causing a slight start in it, however I only leaned in her direction when she looked up at my face and I quickly walked away in the direction of my place.

— Oh! Su-Zu, are you done yet? You are very fast! — Soon-Yi assured with surprise, seeing me put away my notebook and other supplies with her eyes full of shine.

I smiled instinctively thinking about whether or not I should take his words as flattery, because it felt good to be spoken to so casually, but with the same speed with which the positive thoughts came, the negative thoughts also came.

Why should I take that as a compliment? She's probably telling you that because she wants you to help her do her homework! Your presence is not important to them so don't get your hopes up.

How always taking away my joy....

Yeon-Joo accompanied her in her astonishment, returning my gaze in the same way but with a smile on her face, at the same time that Joon-hee suddenly dropped her notebooks and grunted, leaning her body against the chair, stomping on the floor under her feet and shaking her body.