six

CHAPTER SIX

BONNIE COLLINS

BONNIE COLLINS

"I HAVE TO SAY THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST awkward dinners I have ever had," Bonnie commented to the two other women. The Governor had asked them to join them on dinner with him and his doctor Milton. The dinner had included mostly Andrea and the Governor talking and it had ended when Michonne started to demand that they would be given their weapons back. "And believe me, I have had few. Mostly including my father judging my choice of my boyfriend."

"I don't trust him," Michonne said.

"Why not?" Andrea asked and slightly turned to face her, "Have you ever trusted anybody?"

"Yeah!" Michonne turned to look at Bonnie quickly when she spoke.

"Then, give this a day or two, that's all I'm asking!" Andrea pleaded, "Some time to get our shit together."

"My shit never stopped being together," Michonne snapped.

"Didn't look that way when Milton asked about your walkers. I'm surprised he didn't get a fork in his eye!" Andrea commented.

"It was not of his damn business!"

"Guess it's not of mine either," they stopped walking to face each other, "Seven months together, all we've been through, I still feel like I hardly know you. I'm sorry, it's the truth, I mean, come on, you know everything about me!  And I..."

Michonne interrupted her, "You know enough!"

"Those walkers were with us all winter long, protecting us, and you took them out without any hesitation, that had to..."

"It was easier than you think," Michonne said, leaving the two blonde women with each other.

Andrea sighed and turned to face her, "And you are probably going to say that Michonne is right. You never disagree with her," she shook her head in disappointment.

"I trust Michonne. If it wasn't for her, I would be dead. She saved my life and she saved yours as well," Bonnie defended her, "Maybe you should stop and think a little about what she has done for us."

"That doesn't mean that you need to blindly trust her," Andrea snapped.

"No, it doesn't but I trust her a lot more than I trust this Governor dude. If she says that something isn't right, I trust her."

EIGHT MONTHS AGO

Bonnie's heart was pounding in her chest, a mix of fear and determination coursing through her veins. The creature, an embodiment of death, lurched towards her with its decaying limbs and lifeless gaze.

Her hands trembled as she gripped her knife tightly, the weight of her task pressed upon her, the gravity of taking a life, even that of an undead abomination, settling heavily on her conscience.