ten

CHAPTER TEN

BONNIE COLLINS

BONNIE COLLINS

Bonnie hadn't been able to let go of his hand after being reunited. She never wanted to let go now that he was there as if she let go, he might disappear once again. As they held each other tightly, Bonnie had felt a flood of emotions washing over her - relief, gratitude, love, and above all, an overwhelming sense of joy. In that moment, nothing else mattered. 

With each steady beat of Nate's heart against her chest, Bonnie felt a sense of peace wash over her, chasing away the lingering fears and doubts that had plagued her during their time apart. In that moment, nothing else mattered - not the horrors they had faced, nor the uncertain future that lay ahead. All that mattered was the warmth of Nate's embrace, a reminder that they had survived against all odds.

There was so much to say but not enough time. They were already starting to head out there, to Woodbury. They were outside waiting near the car and she was glad they got a bit of privacy. After their reunion, she had seen the shocked faces of the group and Michonne. 

"I can't believe you are here," Nate whispered and smiled. It was the same smile she was used to seeing, the smile was only reserved for her. Their hands were still intervened and Nate lifted both of their hands and placed a kiss on hers. 

Bonnie smiled but the smile didn't reach her eyes, "I tried coming earlier. I just knew the prison would be my best chance of finding you."

"Fuck," he ran his hand through his hair. Bonnie quite liked the new look, his hair and beard had grown and it suited him. "I'm so sorry."

"Stop saying you are sorry or I'm going punch you," she joked and giggled. She actually giggled, she couldn't remember the last time the sound left her lips.

Nate chuckled and playfully rolled his eyes. "It's just-- I'm glad that you are okay and that you are here," he said as a small hint of sadness was found in his eyes.

"Me too", she reassuringly squeezed his hand.

"I know we really don't have much time right now to talk about everything but after we get back we can talk about everything," he said as he struggled with his words. Bonnie knew that he probably didn't want her going on this mission. Probably wanting her to be safe and not head straight into danger. But there was no way she was going to let Michonne go alone.

"Who knew that it would take an actual apocalypse for you to start wanting to speak about your emotions," she tried to lighten the mood with a joke. 

 "Who knew," his attention seemed to go somewhere else so she turned to look where he was looking to see the man with the crossbow. The man was looking at the pair, his eyes narrowing as he tried to figure them out.