Part 10

(AN. Sorry about taking a minute updating been busy with school shit, and I hope everyone has a good time reading)

(Y/N POV)

It took a few weeks to actually figure out which position would be the best for me. I knew I needed a part time job because of obvious reasons (aka school.) So it took me a minute to find one, but I did. So apparently they have very few positions as of now, but I was able to find a part time job for the night shift, and also since I have online schooling my whole schedule is flexible. A security guard more specifically, because as of now they only have one. So they want someone to help her some of the nights. I applied as soon as I saw the position. Just now I received a call for an interview, which they were adamant about it being as soon as possible. So, I'm going in. Mom tried to doll me up, or make me "Presentable" as she said. However, I turned her down on the offer. Because I required cuddle time with my cat, Amp. My baby boy, who if anyone hurt, I would murder in cold blood.

I look at the time, 10:30a.m. They have the interview at around 12:00 p.m. and me being me, I have to be there early, like by at least an hour. I head out to my car after easing my child off my lap (too which he rolls over and slowly blinks at me.) I have to literally hold in the urge to hug him because I gotta go. I hop into my car and head off into the concrete jungle (aka the city).

Once I finally get to the Pizzaplex I make a mad dash to the desk, before I could get stopped by the crowd. However, I do have to swerve around folks still. Since it is a Saturday, the Plex is hella busy.

A guy with blond, slightly long hair and a bit of stubble greets me, "Welcome to the Pizzaplex, what can I help you with?" He says rather bored, I don't hold it against the guy. Especially working at a place like this during the day, when it is this crowded and chaotic. "Oh hi, I'm here for an interview," I respond, with my polite sort of "normal" voice. Aka what I've used for years to decrease people's likelihood of treating me like an outcast, I treat it like a game of Among Us, for I must blend it. "Oh, uhh I could take you there, no one comes by the desk really anyway." I'm pretty dang sure he just wants to get away from this scene, which I get. There is really no one who comes to the front desk for help since there are so many robots and touchscreens people can use those for help and/or complaints, Karens usually being the exception most likely. "Thank you, I appreciate the help," I say, offering up a happy smile. "Oh uh, no problem." He sounds surprised, but he comes out from behind the desk and starts leading me to the destination of my interview. Cue the dramatic music of a heroine finding their pathway to greatness.

"Soo, whatcha' signing up for?" He asks offhandedly, probably just to add some noise that isn't the yelling of crowds. As we walk down the halls of the Pizzaplex, all glowing neon in its retro theme. "Oh, I'm gonna hopefully be hired as a night guard, part-time. Just need some cash."

Lie successful, I think in my mind's eye. Though the money would be useful.

"Why that position? I mean haven't you heard all the horror stories?"

"Yepp, I have but in all honesty, even if those stories are true, of haunted animatronics then that just adds to the excitement. Besides I doubt I could take the chaos and lights of this place during the day. Too much noise as well," I can feel my mask slowly fading, I'm just me kinda. Chaotic and animated me. Though I have to mask for the interview. "What, really," he looks back at me, raising an eyebrow, "usually people coming to work here are super terrified of that shit."

"Welp not me," I singsong, "I find that sort of thing intriguing. The unknown can be scary and terrifying, but it's our own minds that make it ten times worse," I say tapping the side of my skull. Though, if all that is true I'll probably have trouble sleeping later, but that's later, when I'm not gonna die because of a rip-off Luna/Nightmare Moon.