X~Shards of Glass~X

new POVS yummy

-Lightbulb's POV-

I was going to go visit Painty today, I miss them more than my own sanity. I walked up to Hotel OJ and was going to ring the doorbell, but it read a sign.

Please take the backdoor,
Thank you!
-Paper

I huffed as I was too lazy to walk to the backdoor, but I did anyway. I knocked on the door, and Pickle opened it.

"Lightbulb? What are you doing here?" He asked
"I. Am. Looking. For. Paintbrush." I said.

He stepped aside as I ran inside. It was...quieter than normal, which is strange. But I'd didn't pay much mind to it. I also expected OJ to come and see me, but he didn't. I ran up the stairs to paintbrush's room and knocked on the door. They slightly opened the door, and looked at me.

"Lightbulb? This is not the best time for you to be here!" They said.
"But I'm here for you paintbrush, I miss you." I said.

They scoffed and stepped aside to let me in, but instead of being greeted to silence there was constant squeaking. OJ was literally spinning in a spinning chair. I loved the idea, but something about him was different. He had a bandage on his eye, and he looked totally oblivious. I ran up to OJ and tried to give him a high five for the awesome idea, but he didn't high five me back. He just stared at me and kept spinning. I went to painty who was switching through channels on the TV and asked him what was up.

"Painty, why is OJ in a spinning chair?"
"Jee Lightbulb. I don't know. All Paper told me was to babysit him until he got back." Paintbrush said.

I was bored out of my mind now. Paintbrush is no fun right now, only if OJ could do something with me. Wait... he can! I jumped out of the bed and stopped OJs spinning, him looking annoyed. I took OJ's hand and ran out the room with him. I heard Paintbrush call my name, but I ignored them. I ran downstairs and passed through the lobby.

"HEY GUYS IM GOING TO DO STUFF WITH OJ ILL BE BACK IN LIKE 2 HOURS BYYYEEEEE!"

I ran out with OJ, but I heard people from the hotel telling me to... stop and don't go. I didn't here everything they said because of the slamming door. I went out the the competition ground and sat OJ down. I told him I'll be right back as I ran to my house. I slammed the door opened and ran to my  room. I grabbed some fireworks and matches and ran out. I sat on my knees and started lighting the fireworks. OJ looked amazed and scared at the same time. He tried touching it, but I held it back. I lit the fireworks and put them on the ground. I told OJ to step back and watch, and it's strange he didn't stop me OR say anything this entire time. I set the fireworks on, but they didn't do anything.

"Hey OJ is something wrong with the fireworks?" I asked.

He didn't say anything. I went to look at the fireworks and picked it up I walked back to OJ to take a look at it. I gave it to him and he took a look. He looked at the string which was completely black and shrunken, and looked at the fireworks design. Me and OJ got a good look, but then it started to rapidly vibrate. OJ dropped it on shock and the moment he dropped it.

BOOM!!

-1 hour later-

I woke up to my ears ringing in excruciating pain, and my eyesight blurry and bright. I heard people everywhere, ambulance, police, everything. I sat up and rubbed my head, it was bleeding like crazy.

I looked down at the ground, black and withered. I looked up, blood. Blood everywhere. On me, the ground, and OJ being carried into a big hospital truck. I saw Paper yelling at Paintbrush, like it was their fault. It wasn't. It was mine. I should have listened to Painty. I should have listened to everyone else. I started crying, as for it was MY fault. I took him to this, I knew it was dangerous and I didn't care. I shortly stopped crying as my head started burning in pain.

What have I done...

700+ words.
Thanks for reading!!!