✞ | bittersweet.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Dae-su whispered as well carefully creeping through the now-dark hallways of the half zombified-half dead people school.

There's no way we're doing this fucking much for a sandwich or two.

"Last time I saw the cafeteria, the whole place was covered with zombies." Joon-yeong mentioned as Hyo-ryung nodded alongside him.

On-jo nodded too, trying to keep a smile on her face. The pity I felt for this girl was out of this world, first she lost her best friend, she thought I became a zombie, she can't get in contact with her dad, and now she's clueless about Cheong-san being in love with her. She can't get a break.

I looked back at her behind me, I gave her a small smile and reached out to squeeze her shoulder, the corners of her lips slowly and barely curved up.

I turned back around and we, Gyeong-su, Wujin, Dae-su, Hyo-Ryung, Nam-ra, Suhyeok, On-jo, Cheong-san, Joon-Yeong, and I, cautiously trudged through the hallways of Hyosan high, our ears and eyes on high alert for any incoming zombies that might be coming our way.

"Okay whatever you do, don't make any fucking sound I swear to God, Dae-su," Wu-jin whispered.

Dae-su nodded in reply and slowly tiptoed following him, only for a loud clank to suddenly sound not even 30 seconds of us walking out of the classroom as a horrible 6-hour parody rendition of what I think is the star-spangled banner in Korean is playing on the loudspeakers.

Not to mention everything I'm seeing is purple because of these stupid goggles.

We all looked towards the floor where the clanking came from only for Joon-Yeong to look at it wincing, his metal water bottle fell.

"You better be serious right now." Nam-ra sighed in disappointment, looking at him with exhaustion.

We all slowly turned behind us when we heard the dissonant sound of teeth gnawing against each other only to see a zombie beginning to make its way towards us.

"Fuck this, I should've stayed alone." I sighed only for Hyo-ryung to slap my shoulder as if I had just said the most unbelievable shit in the world.

"No way, you would've died by now!"

"Exactly, then what would we have done you moron?"

"Nari, I love you, but you're fucking stupid."

On-jo gasped still staring at the zombie looking around for the source of noise, us, and slapped Cheong-san to keep moving, "Are we going to run or wait to get eaten?!" Fair point.

"Downstairs to the lunchroom, GO!" Suhyeok yelled out when the zombie has neared only a few feet away, charging towards us.

"NO! Go find a room downstairs we can't take any risks with those things roaming around!" I told him as we began to run.