『09』Ike Eveland x trans FTM! reader || [request]

a/n: my first request!! i apologize if it isnt up to your liking :')

Context: You have a voice dysphoria ever since you came out as trans. Ike, your boyfriend, has noticed your strange behavior and wants to help out overcome your voice dysphoria.

reader uses he/him pronouns :)

warning(s): none it's just fluff :')
=====================

Ever since you came out as a trans male, you weren't the same as before. You rarely talked to anybody, you were not as energetic as you used to be, you'd only nod your head when your friends ask questions about your wellbeing.

The only person who seemed to notice your weird behavior was none other than your boyfriend, Ike. It took him a while to notice how quiet you've been and he was curious why.

"I-I don't know what's gotten in him. He rarely talks to me, and when he does, he only nods his head and then zooms off! I feel like I'm failing my job as a loving and caring boyfriend, like– I don't even know what the problem is!" Ike sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he downed another can of soda, that is his fifth can for today. His friends were listening very attentively, arms either crossed or on the table with their fingers intertwined together.

"And how long has this been going on?" His demon friend, Vox, asked.

"A few days after he came out to me?" The novelist sighed once again, he really, really wanted to know what happened to you, but you weren't talking and it made it difficult to understand. "Is he conscious about what I think of him? I mean I already told him that I'd still love him even if he were a worm. But I feel like he's ignoring me this time, just nodding and small noises. That's it." Ike slammed his head on the table, causing the cups to jump a little.

Even Ike's friends felt bad for him, they knew you as the bubbly and energetic boyfriend but after hearing Ike's point of view, they literally have no idea how to help. "Has he like, I dunno, told you something that he was uncomfortable with?" Mysta's shoulders rose as he sipped on his drink, playing with the straw afterwards. Ike scrunched his nose and frowned, trying to recall anything that you have said before.

Ike's bose was still scrunched as his brows furrowed, sipping on the soda can rather aggressively. Then, his eyes lit up when he finally recalled about something you said. "Oh, right! I remember hearing him mumbling  about being insecure about something... ARGH!! But I can't remember what it was!" The novelist's hands grabbed his head and gripped his hair, feeling devastated that he couldn't understand.

"Ike, buddy, listen, we'd help if we could but you know him best, only you can find out and solve it. You're his boyfriend," Shu spoke gently, a kind smile on his face as he reassured Ike. "Maybe you should... sit down and have a chat with [y/n], try to convince him to talk it out and maybe he'll tell you!" That was all Ike needed, a bit of advice and encouragement from his best friends.

time skip, back at home

When Ike got home, he sees you sitting peacefully on the couch, reading one of his books while munching on some snacks you made. He quietly settled down his things and made his way over to you, planting a small kiss on your head as he sat down beside you. "Hey, love, how was your day?" The first thing Ike would do is to start a small and simple conversation.

You fiddled with the bookmark, a slight pout on your face as you muttered out very softly, "it was fine..." Ike could hardly hear what you just said so he leaned his head on your shoulder and requested you to repeat again. "Sorry, love, I couldn't hear you... say that again?" You weren't sure if your boyfriend was trying to tease you or he really couldn't hear, but either way, you only stayed silent which made Ike sigh heavily.

"My dear, is something bothering you? You've been too quiet lately, you rarely talk to me and it's making it hard to understand the issue..." Ike said softly, his hand turning your head so you could face him. "You can tell me anything, and I mean anything at all... so what's been bothering you lately?" The novelist asked softly, his gaze was loving and tender as he waited for your response. He only wanted to hear your voice, that's all he asks for but you were too insecure of it, you didn't like the way you sounded every time you tried to speak up.

"I... my voice... don't like it..." Your words came out as a hushed whisper, clutching onto your sweater as the tears brimmed in your eyes. Ike immediately felt bad and embraced you tighter, resting his head on your shoulder as he whispered sweet nothings. "It's okay, it's okay, there's no need to cry... you know I won't push you past your limits. If you don't want to tell me, it's fine, we can talk it out once you're ready." His hands rubbed your back lovingly, calmly reassuring you. Your breaths steadied as your hands wiped away the tears that had trickled down your face, swallowing a lump down your throat as you gathered up the remaining bits of your courage to tell Ike everything.

"I don't like how my voice sounds... every time I hear it, I can't help but feel disgusted at it," a shaky breath escaped your lips as you buried your face in your hands, hiding your embarrassment from your beloved boyfriend. Ike didn't say anything, he only listened as everything came pouring out of you.

After a good solid 15 minutes of your ranting, Ike finally said something. "My love, you know how much I love you... and I dislike seeing you so upset and insecure of yourself. I know how insecure you get whenever you try to speak, but you shouldn't have kept it to yourself... you should've at least told me." Ike smiled, a smile so warm that it made your heart flutter. The novelist reached a hand out and tucked a strand of your [h/c] hair behind your ear, kissing your forehead afterwards. "Besides, you and I both know how much I love those little sounds you make..." He teased, grinning smugly and causing you to blush. "So come on, stop being insecure of your voice," you gave Ike a genuine smile, appreciating Ike for comforting you. "How about we watch a movie, hm? Get your mind off your insecurities of your voice, spend some time with your boyfriend?" Ike hummed, littering your face and neck with kisses.

"Sure, I'd love to spend time with my boyfriend," you beamed, smiling brightly as you spoke louder with confidence this time. Ike was proud at your confidence, it showed that you were slowly starting to get over your voice dysphoria with baby steps, his love for you will never die and you know it.

===========

Yall, hi :) its your author❤

first of all, id like to apologize for not being active for a month ;-; ive been busy with school and stuff and i have major exams coming up so updates will be quite long. i hope you guys can understand ; w;

if you have any requests, feel free to comment them here or dm me!!