🐭{Chapter 9: A Clock Is Ticking}🐭

Owen found himself on a table, a lady talking to The Butler though, he noticed his fungus rashes had gone down a bit, I mean they weren't flaring up, itchy or irritating though, his chest still felt tight and he felt weak.
"What?!"
Owen looked up,"Unfortunately, the fungus infection was not taken xare of immediately, while I managed to stable it I would say. . . He doesn't have long left.", Owen's ears were filled with a ring, surely he didn't hear that right?
He had. . . Limited time for live?!
The Butler nods, paying and thanking her for her services.

=

Owen was put on a table, Butler looked at Owen with much regret in his eyes, pity for that rat,"I'm sorry. . . Are you going to tell them, your rat friends?", Owen shrugged, he tried for smile as a thank you to the Butler. . .
He walked back to the attic, each step he took felt heavy and even walking made him winded.
"It's fine. . . It's fine. . ."
Owen muttered, he climbed up and told himself he'll think of something. . .
Hopefully. . .

~

"OWEN!"
Scott ran to him, skidding to a stop, hugging him carefully as to not hurt him.
Owen hugged back, "I missed you too. . .", the others joined the hug, all of them still wearing masks and gloves, Owen took a mask from Shubble and it on,"I'm so sorry everyone, thank you Scott for taking action when I wasn't.", Scott nods, Owen looked around,"To make up for it, I'll help you all make sure the rest of the fungus is gone and burnt.", so it was agreed to start looking through the attic for any fungus.

~

At night, they all sat outside watching the fungus burn once and for all.
They still wore masks for the fumes, though they were all sitting around the fire talking and just having a fun time.
Scott fell asleep on Owen, he was worn out from the stress of the fungus, Owen's safety and basically sanitising the whole Attic.
Owen closed his eyes, he could hear a tick in his ears. . . A tick of a clock. . . A gentle reminder his life running out soon.
He didn't want to leave Scott alone, someone that he practically took in from when he found him in a barn.
Owen sighed, looking into the flames that was burning the thing that was killing him.
I'll think of something. . . I have to, I dunno what but I have to think quickly.