🐭{Chapter 12: Out Of Time}🐭

After. . . That traumatising event, the humans and rats all went to the Barn to cool down.
Kristen still had the gun, the kids were being comforted by the maid, the Butler was in silence as he sat still probably in shock of what happened.
The rats, some couldn't sleep and some feel asleep in the hay bells.
Jimmy looked around the barn, guess this was the first time humans weren't trying to catch them.
The nanny was seated with them, some resting on her lap.
. . .
"Where's Owen and Scott?"

~

Owen and Scott looked at the house, they luckily only had to get plasters and cleaned up, no wounds that could have killed him.
.  .  .
"We should. . . Meet up with the others. . ."
Scott turned to leave, though he turned to see Owen still looking at the house.
"Owen?"
Owen didn't respond, but he just suddenly fell forward and sent Scott into panic!
"Owen?! Are-Are you okay?!? Did uiu get shot, or-or-!?"
Tick. . .
It stopped. . .
Owen looked up at Scott, seeing he was becoming blurry though he tired to get up but found no strength.
"I can't. . . I can't get up. . ."
"What?"
Owen shuddered,"I can't. . . Feel anything. . . Not my legs, arms. . . My whole body. . .", "I-I can carry you, come on!", Owen stared at the snow, he had to tell him.
. . .
"Scott, there's no need. . ."
"Huh?"
"Scott. . . My fungus infection. . . It was treated too late, the. . . Human vet said. . . I didn't have long."
Scott felt like someone had just shoot him in the heart, he was. . . Too late to save him. . .?
"No. . . No that can't be true. . .!"
"I'm sorry. . . You. . . Need to leave, go back to Barn and. . . Stay with the others."
Scott shook his head, tears beginning as he knelt down and grabbed Owen's arm,"N-No, I can't leave you here. . .! Not like this Owen, we're so close. . .!","Scott please. . .","No!", Owen shuddered, as Scott became more blurry and another tick went by again.
"Scott. . . Please. . .-"
"I CAN'T LOSE SOMEONE ELSE, NOT HERE OR IN THIS WORLD OWEN!!"
By now Scott's face was stained with tears, he couldn't hold it back as many memories of all the people he lost in past lives and worlds came flooding back and the guilt of his inability to save them and how he brought trouble anywhere he went that lead to their deaths.
. . .
Owen reached up, chuffing on side of Scott's face. . . On Last time.
"I don't know what you mean. . . But, this is nothing but my fault. . . Despite your warning, I still ignored you, maybe we'll meet again in another world or life. . ."
Owen smiled, Scott watched in horror to see Owen's eyes grow dull and his arm dropped.
Scott sat in the snow shocked, he then rested his head on Owen's chest to hear no heart beat, the heat gone immediately and no sign of life in his eyes.
Scott cried, he hugged Owen's body apologises and pleases for him to wake up but Owen didn't.
. . .

~

Kristen had Scott on her lap, crying as he had taken the body of Owen back to them.
All the rats gathered around during Owen and mourned, the Butler looked away but had tears in his eyes.
Kristen gently pets Scott, looking at Owen's spirit that seemed to be looking back at her.
She nods gently, with that Owen's spirit disappeared.
I hope you find your peace. . . I'll look after them. . .