Chapter 1

Breaking Bully's Teeth

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close
this book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.

Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.

If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.

But if you recognize yourself in these pages – if you feel something stirring inside – stop reading immediately. You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Y/N Galanis, I'm a twelve year old since... 8 days ago.

Am I troubled?

Sort of? I mean, my life was already a horrible from the start... Percy as well. Like that one time when in PE, we were playing some game called "Kicking Ball" I might have kicked the ball a bit too hard and... knocked a girl's teeth, the two in front, that was in 5th grade, while in 4th grade, in Houston Museum of Natural Science? I just... reacted and broke a jar with a bully's head... mom had to pay and I still got expelled.

I was diagnosed when I was 10 that I have ADHD... and possibly dyslexia, fun experience trying to understand a few words. There's also a chance I'm schizophrenic, I hallucinate a lot.

Mom and I moved to New York to a private school for problematic people... it's called Yancy Academy. I stayed there for a year until... I did another mess.

Had to do with... another reflex, this guy named "George", he was a bully... an awful one... so I grabbed his wrist the moment he was about to pull my shoulder back and, well, threw him across the classroom even breaking Mrs. Rivera's table... George was left with a broken arm... not from the impact, but from the throw.

I'm lucky I didn't go to jail, and mom? We moved again... to Queens, just in case, that was all in Manhattan, now? I'm in another school... Skyline Academy.

Class today was... so horrible, and boring, at least for me. Ms. Sanchez was definitely the worst teacher I've ever had, that also beats Mrs. Dodds and Mrs. Rivera from Yancy. I always for some reason have the worst teachers, like... they're just plain horrible.

I was hearing for the last few minutes some kids laughing quietly, it was always to the same person, my best friend, Thomas.

From what I believe, he is at this point almost in his eighteen's, he had acne in his face, a wispy beard and he looked sort of scrawny... he always wore his hoodie and what made me hate the people of this place even more, is that he is crippled. He reminds me a little of Grover, a friend of mine and Percy's.

It's so frustrating how they pick up on the weaker guy, he has so much problems and they pick up on him?

This gives me so much anger and I... I just want to break something... or someone.

"I'm gonna kill them." I mumbled with anger.

Thomas puts a hand in my shoulder definitely trying to calm me down... That's definitely not going to help me.