Chapter 9

Aunty M

So what did we all learn today?

Never leave Perseus Jackson behind the wheel!

Yeah, also the fact that Zeus intentionally threw a lightning bolt to a bus with a Fury... at someone from my father's realm. Weeks ago, I was playing the guitar, I realized I was different, mom is dead, I'm in a Godly Camp! My father is King of the Underworld! I met a beautiful girl, and one that I just want to strangle to death! My best friend is also a demigod, my other friend is half goat! My teacher is half a horse, I got a drunk wine counselor! I got a spear of a weapon! And all our sh*t is back in that burning goddamn bus!

Yeah... this is my life now. Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood, Thomas Lightwood, Kajsa Blanchet and me, Y/N Galanis are walking in the damn woods, almost in the middle of nowhere, more specifically, New Jersey... I really wish this is a dream of Morpheus.

Grover was shivering and braying, his big goat eyes turned slit-pupilled and full of terror. "Three Kindly Ones. All three at once."

"Seems being a Prince is meaningless. Those bastards forced us to leave our bags!" I screamed in anger, as I glare at Percy. "If I ever get my license and I have a car, remind me never put you in the wheel, even though this was for sort of a good cause."

"Come on! The further away we get, the better." Annabeth said, trying to help us move forward... with everything that is happening, no it is not helping.

"All our money was back there." Percy reminded her. "Our food and clothes. Everything."

"Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight-"

"What did you want me to do? Let you get killed?"

"You didn't need to protect me, Percy. I would've been fine."

"Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover put in. "but fine."

"Shut up, goat boy." Annabeth said.

Grover brayed mournfully. "Tin cans... a perfectly good bag of tin cans."

"Is a miracle I didn't take my hat or the guitar, the fire would've caught up to it." I said, taking a bit of my hair from my face.

"Now wondering, that hat... you don't change it or give it to anyone, I assume there's a... deeper story?" Kajsa asked, causing me to look back.

Thomas knew what it meant, Percy as well, but the rest didn't really.

I sigh and keep following them. "The hat is... the last gift Uncle Tony gave me, until he passed away. I wear it as a memoir, always telling myself that I'm never alone, I have him always by my side."

I looked at Kajsa who slowly looks down, but keeps walking, I knew they were all hearing it.

"Is the same for the guitar, mom gifted to me, and with her gone, that's... all I have left, that her words "My heart to you, cowboy." Can't imagine how dad will feel after he finds out she died."

"Maybe... this was a touchy topic I shouldn't have-" Kajsa said with a bit of regret in her tone, but I stop her.

"Is fine, it was going to come out to the light eventually." I had a reassurance tone while we kept walking, even with the night vision I couldn't see anything that well... was a safe spot.