Chapter 3

An old friend

"Is it you?" I heard a voice... a girl voice. I felt something in my mouth... it was sort of like... pudding, but it tastes like popcorn... wish they had a chocolate one... I have a bit of a sweet tooth.

The girl from what I could see had blond curly hair... looks like the hair of a princess... no kidding. I groan a little as she sees me slowly fully waking up, she stops feeding me (doesn't sound right) and looks confused.

"What will happen at the summer solstice?" she asked leaving me slightly confused... the summer solstice? I mean... I've heard of it but what does she mean?

"H-Huh?" she looks around like if she didn't want anyone to overhear her as she looks back at me.

"What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!" what is she even talking about? I slightly look at her again... just to decide and pass out... maybe it's for the best...

Though definitely an hour later, I did wake up fully. I look to the side slightly, noticing I was actually laying down in a fowler bed, it was pretty cheap but still hood enough.

I looked around seeing my surroundings... I was in some kind of camp... wait... am I in Camp Half-Blood? I try to get up... but I was a bit weak still. I could actually feel the breeze, smelled like strawberry. I groan just to look and see table by my side, laying by it was my hat and guitar, but on top of it was a drink.

I recognize it... looks like mom's blueberry lemonade, it was purplish or more pink, I don't know... it even has the blueberries, the ice and a lemonade with it, and a red straw. I slightly moved my fingers to see if I could move them properly, luckily I could and I slowly grab the drink... the moment I tasted it... it tastes exactly like mom's... like if... she was... here...

The thought of that... that maybe this wasn't a dream... that mom might be... I slowly look down putting the glass back in the table and I slowly grab my guitar... it was a gift from her. I turn the guitar back seeing a message in the back...

"My heart to you, cowboy."

It was just those words that she told me when she gave me the guitar... I didn't even realize was tearing up... I hug the guitar... probably the only thing I have left of her.

"Hey, are you..." I heard that voice and I see Thomas wearing some weird armor but under it was an orange shirt which says CAMP HALF-BLOOD. Also he was revealing his goat legs and very hairy arms. I look down with shivering lips.

"Is she... is she..." I couldn't even end the comment as he walks by the fowler bed and shook his head.

"I should've reacted faster. Maybe if I reacted faster or didn't run, she would be here right now." I see Thomas reacting with such disappointment and sadness... all on himself as he shook his head. "This is all my fault, I screwed up big time."

I blinked a few times, slowly pulling Thomas to a much needed hug for both of us, yeah the hairy arms were kind of annoying but it was still needed for both of us.

"Is not your... fault." I told him trying to calm him but he shook his head.

"Yes it is. I was means to protect you, this... you being without your mom? That's not protecting! I just..." he sniffs and tries to clean his tears. "Because of me, I left you without a mother, how's your step father going to react? I screwed up... I screwed up..."

I kept hugging him as I pat his back a few times, trying to reassure him. I look outside still with puffy eyes... I can't... really blame Thomas for this, he was taking it already hard enough like if she was also his mother, though he did consider her the closest thing to one... and it wasn't fair that I blame him for this... I don't even want to cause it isn't.