I can handle it |hela|

All day I've been running around the palace, making sure everything is running smoothly. Just one of the perks of being the Queen's girlfriend. Though I don't mind it because I get to stay inside. Now if I had to deal with the heat, then we'd have a problem. The only part I hate is that some of the workers are assholes.

Anytime I give them a direction they question me and laugh. Eventually I get them to do it, having to threaten them, saying I'll tell Hela. I want them to respect me though. I mean It's embarrassing having to bring up Hela to get them to do things. I know they talk about me behind my back about that, amongst other things.

I finally overheard a conversation today that proved me to be right.

"Isn't she pathetic? She's just Hela's little bitch" one snickered. "I know right! Running around fulfilling every request like a puppy obeying its master. As if we'd ever take her seriously! Always threatening us with telling the Queen, she can't even stand up for herself" the other said.

I slumped against the wall after hearing that. Eventually having to pick myself up and continue. It's not about them liking me, it's about getting the job done, I reminded myself. Still, doesn't everyone want to be accepted and embraced? I mean a sense of belonging is on the hierarchy of needs.

Not that I don't feel that. Hela gives me plenty of that and I know she loves me. Anything they say in regards to that is just thrown out the window. I have no doubt that Hela has entrusted me with this because she feels I'm competent. Under different circumstances I certainly am.

I can assert myself and demand respect. It's one of the many reasons Hela and I got together. I was the only person who would stand up to her and I guess it interested her. However, I only did that as a coping mechanism. Now that I feel safe and loved, I've let my walls come down.

It doesn't mean there's not still that part of me that can stand my ground, there is. I just don't like to use it often as my temper can get the better of me. As I finished my rounds for the day, I headed back to our bedroom. Surprised to see Hela in bed waiting for me.

As I got closer I noticed she was going over battle plans. She looked up, feeling me stare I assumed. She opened her arms inviting me into her embarace and I gave in rather quickly. Essentially throwing myself into her arms and curling into her lap. The papers long forgotten, discarded on the nightstand.

"What's wrong, my angel?" She asks softly, kissing the top of my head. I take a deep breath, breathing in her natural scent and instantly feeling calmer. "People are so mean" I mumble, "who?" She asks and I can feel her tense slightly. Her natural defense mode fading in.

"It doesn't matter. They all talk about me. I knew, but I heard it for myself today and it just hurt. I want to be strong and... tell them off I guess. I just hate being like that" I whisper. "I know, baby. That's what you have me for" she says. "I feel like that'll just make it worse. They already say things about me basically being your bitch" I recall.

"I mean you are" she jokes and I punch her shoulder. "Damn. That actually hurt" She says rubbing it and I kiss it as a silent apology. "I mean with that arm you could just beat their asses" she chuckles and I giggle. "You know what they say about us isn't true" she says, "I know. It's not that. I know what I have to do, I just don't want to" I admit.

"Well I could always have a little talk with them. Show them a sword, I mean that always works" she shrugs. I move my head off her chest to look up at her. "You know not every problem can be solved with a sword" I joke. "Good thing I have plenty" she says forming a small blade and poking me gently.

"Ouchies. I forget you could just kill me at any time" I move away but keep my hold on her. "I would never" she says sincerely, "I know" I smile softly. "Mostly because you'd probably haunt me for the rest of my natural life" she jokes. "Oh shut up" I roll my eyes, "oh you wouldn't?" She teases, poking my sides with her fingers this time.

"I definitely would. Even beyond" I chuckle, "exactly" she replies giving me a kiss. "So it was unclear... I do get to kill them or...?" She asks funnily, "no" I laugh. "I can handle it" I voice confidently, "that's my girl. Aim for the throat" she instructs. "You're something else" I say, "and you love it" she replies. "That I do" I say smiling.