Sugar

For the first time since the damn Blip, Thor actually wakes up to find that he has slept soundlessly through the night. And not only has he managed to reach the morning, but when he notices how high the Sun is in the sky (he really should get some decent curtains), he finds he's actually managed to sleep through most of the morning, too.

Loki is gone from his bed, but Thor simply lies there, on his back, smiling happily up at the ceiling as he hears both Loki and Love laughing from somewhere in the house. He closes his eyes for a few moments and just listens to the beautiful sounds as they make his heart overflow with pure joy.

Usually, Love will drag him out of bed and demand that he make her breakfast and watch a movie with her. And then, afterwards, Thor would take his sweetass time to take a shower and get dressed, just to drag out his time with Love before she would leave him in his depression to go to school.

But today, Thor eagerly hauls himself out of bed and even takes a moment to make his own bed (instead of letting his daughter do it, because he's too lazy or too sad.) Today, Thor takes mere minutes to shower, and then, dress himself (a pair of jeans and a simple black t-shirt) before he's making his way to the girls; his girls.

Thor manages to keep himself from too eagerly rushing to find them as he follows the sound of their voices and laughter. Though, he doesn't managed to keep the happy grin off his face as he enters the living space to see both his girls caught up in...

Thor laughs. "Are you seriously having an arm wrestle?" He smirks at Loki's deep look of concentration, then, laughs again when she huffs out, "Will you tell your smug little sprog to STOP letting me win!?"

"That depends on which of you started this." Thor chirps back. He moves over to the coffee machine and throws a smug smirk over his shoulder at Loki when she projects a mental image of her middle finger at him.

"OK. Bored now." Love sighs out, while effortlessly pinning Loki's hand back to the breakfast bar.

"ARGH! You weren't even straining!" Loki snaps with a sulk. "Beaten by a twelve year old." Even if she is a Child of Eternity...this is fucking embarrassing!

Love smirks smugly at her, and Loki takes a brief moment to marvel how much she looks like Thor when she's not even his born blood. "I thought you Jötunns were supposed to be stronger than Asgardians." Love's smirk only grows even more smug when her father laughs at her words.

(And then, even more when) Loki's eyes slowly narrow, though, she's (annoyingly) trying not to smirk amusedly at the smug wit on this little thing. "Yes. Well...I'm what you would call the runt of the species."

Thor chuckles, but is also smiling proudly at Loki, because this is the first time he's ever heard her own who she really is without the secret hurt behind her words. In fact, if anything, she sounds wholly pompously proud, despite the crass way she words herself.

He begins to wonder then, could she finally be seeing herself the way he has always seen her?

Norns, he hopes so...

"Doesn't the runt always end up turning out to be the biggest and best anyway?" Love asks with both curiosity and defiance.

Loki hops up onto the stool behind her, and then, shoots the girl a withered look as she says, "You're thinking of the ugly duckling." Her eyes narrow over to Thor when he cackles loudly to himself.

"No, I'm not." Love loses the (fake) curiosity, instead, now, she looks fully-annoyed-defiant. "I know I started late with school, but I do know stuff. A runt is only a runt, because they weren't able to get the nutrients they needed in their mother's womb. But that doesn't mean you can't fatten them right up after they're born." She snootily states-making Thor wonder how she can remind him so much of Loki when she was young. Love glares at them both-glares at both Loki's arched brow and subtly impressed look, AND at mistaking her father's proud smile for a smug one-as she firmly snaps, "I've watched loads of human documentaries. I love animals. Do NOT test me on this."

The Sun Is Shining On Us Again [Thor&FemLoki]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें