Dad Brain

Thor blinks and dares to feel hopeful as he says, "I'm sorry-was that you agreeing to go on a date with me? I just-I feel like I should make sure that's a yes before I say anything else...and make myself look stupid."

Loki chuckles and with a teasing grin, tells him, "That last part has never been much of a challenge for you, so, don't worry your pretty, little head about it." She chuckles again when he tries to glare and only ends up pouting again. Though, she relents as she nods and finds herself blushing, while she answers him. "Yes, that was a yes to me agreeing to go on a date with you."

"Excellent." Thor beams a smile at her, then, takes an awkward step back and shoves his hands into his jeans pockets. "Well..." He clears his throat when he catches her smirking at him. "That was very anticlimactic." He flushes and shoots her a withered look when her smirk widens into a suggestive grin. "You know what I mean..."

Loki chuckles and nods. She folds her arms loosely over her chest as she regards him with a surprised look. "Since when are you all coy around the opposite sex?" He was never shy for Jane... She tries not to feel the bitter jealousy, and this time, Thor unknowingly saves her from it when he answers her.

Thor takes a step closer to her. He slides both hands out of his pockets and gently cups both her cheeks. He looks into her eyes as he tells her, "Only around you, Loki. You are the only woman who's ever been able to make me nervous-good nervous; excited nervous..." (And he means that, because not even with Jane, did he ever feel nervous. Excited, thrilled, even, but never nervous or giddy, like with Loki.)

He smirks lightly as he feels her cheeks heating up under his palms. He arches a brow, shoots her a similar look to the one she shot him as she asked her question, and then, he asks her, "Since when does anything get by you, Loki?" How could she never have realised? Am that bad at showing my feelings?

Loki rolls her eyes, but can't help smiling a little. "Do you not remember what happened with Fandral?"

Thor rolls his eyes back at her. "Fandral was a fool...Norns, keep his soul in Valhalla." He adds the last part with quick regret, but he stands by his words. "And to be fair, of all the people you could have chosen to test your newly acquired ability, I did tell you NOT to choose Fandral." He chuckles when she huffs and shoves his hands away from her face.

"Yes, OK, you were right. Shut up." Loki snips as she folds her arms more firmly in annoyance over her chest.

"I'm sorry-what was that?" Thor shoots her a teasing smirk when she glares at him. He holds up both hands in surrender and says, "I'm sorry. Please continue."

Loki narrows her eyes before sighing and taking on a more awkward look. "I was barely a teen, so, it shocked me a little when I looked into his mind." Loki chuckles and nods to answer Thor's look of disgust. She's confused when he suddenly looks more pissed off, but then, her insides are melting into a giddy pile of goop when he asks her, "He better not have been thinking about you."

Loki fights back a shiver at the small flash of lightning that briefly passes through his eyes-and the absolute delicious low and rather possessive tone of his voice. She uses another chuckle to distract herself from her body's (over)reactions. She shakes her head and shoots him a pointed look as she tells him, "I was still a child, Thor. And I know your tastes in friends are rather questionable, at the best of times, but I also, know a bad egg when I see one."

She smiles softly to herself when his shoulders relax and he lets out a quiet breath of relief. "My point is that when I finally did learn to control it, I was always too afraid to use it on you, because I was afraid that what I would see, I wouldn't like..." She smiles at him, gently grabs one of his hands in both her own, stopping him when he almost takes on that distraught look again. "Not, because of what you think of me. This was long before I found out what I was. Because, no matter what I've said or done, I've always felt safe and loved around you, Thor. I just..."