Virgin

Now that Thor actually finally has Loki all to himself, he's completely lost on what to say to her. Lucky for him, Loki is the better one at communicating out of the two of them. And if he were a little younger, he would probably be still fretting over how to talk to her about the things he really wants to talk to her about.

But now, after everything that's happened to them, and with the way she's trying to hide that hurt look on her perfect face...well, Thor finds it almost bitterly easy (after all this time he wasted) to say what he actually needs to say.

"I don't want anyone to know you're here... Ohhh...that sounded so much worse." Thor winces, then, cracks his eyes open to find Loki (way too adorably) glaring at him. He sighs loudly with defeat when she pulls her other hand away from his to fold both arms over her chest.

"That's not what I meant." He turns to face her, grasps both knees with both hands to keep from reaching out to her again (lest she really slap him and mean it this time.) "I know it's selfish, but I..." He shoots her a helpless little smile when her expression softens from an annoyed glare to an intrigued frown. "I just wanted to spend a little time with you first...before I tell everyone you're back."

Loki's face softens entirely. "Oh..." Her shoulders relax as she slowly unfolds her arms. Though, she fights back a smile still, because this doesn't necessarily mean what she wants it to mean...

Thor nods, smiles sheepishly, while ignoring his heated cheeks. "It's just... Since I passed the mantle over to Brunnhilde, I've only been focused on giving Love the life she deserves. And besides helping those in need, I don't really get out much anymore."

He shares a small, amused smile with Loki when she shoots him a look that mockingly pretends like she doesn't know what he's talking about. "My point is that now I have you back, I really cannot be buggered to share you with anyone else... At least, not yet." He says with a playful scold. He hides a smirk for her sake only when her cheeks bloom with that pretty pink again.

"Well..." Loki silently clears her throat, shoots him a small, teasing smirk as she says, "You've never been any good at sharing anyway."

Thor chuckles at that, but then, he's shooting her another playful little glare as he reminds her, "I've always shared everything with you."

He's got her there, because even when Loki would ask him for something, he never would put up much of a fight to give it to her.

Loki rolls her eyes, fights back a smile. "I suppose you did, yes." She nods, and then, begins to feel a little awkward-because what the frig does she say now?

Thor chuckles lightly at the randomness of his thoughts, but grins excitedly as he takes another little leap-"Will you go on a date with me?"

"Wh-what?" Loki chuckles out her reply.

And then, Thor immediately regrets his words. And not, because of Loki's bewildered response. No-he realises he may have leaped too far. He's barely kissed her. He barely even knows if she feels the same way about him...

Thor's eyes widen. "You know what? Why don't we put a pause on that question, hm?" He nods eagerly to himself, grins sheepishly...and then, he descends into utter rambling anarchy. "I mean, you've barely had time to settle, and I know you said you feel fine, but your head must be all over the place, because shit knows, mine is, and I don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you into-"

Loki bursts out into soft laugher, that last little panicked part of his sweet little rambling speech finally tipping her over the edge from where she fought so hard to stay composed for him.

When he stops and stares at her with shock, and then, pouts at her again, Loki purses her lips shut. "I'm sorry, but you sound like a teenage boy trying to lose his virginity."

She chuckles when he scowls/sulks and gently grabs one of his hands in both her own before (apologetically) telling him, "But a sweet teenage boy, who's very considerate of the teenage girl's feelings."

Thor loses the scowl, but he knows he's still sulking a little bit. Though, he's trying real hard to keep up with that sulk to distract himself from her hand wrapped around his. (Norns, he really does sound like a virgin.)

"I really am fine, Thor." Loki finally says, because she needs him to believe it for real. She gives his hand a gentle squeeze, smiles softly, but sadly as she tells him, "You're the only one left who isn't."

Thor scowls again. "I-"

Loki smirks as she lifts her other hand and presses it over his mouth to silence him. Her smirk melts back into a smile when he glares weakly at her. "White lies don't count. Think I don't know about your little moral loophole?" She asks with an arched brow and a knowing look.

Thor huffs behind her hand. Loki chuckles...until she's squealing in disgust and pulling her hand away from his mouth, because he just gave her a palm full of coffee-breath saliva. Thor laughs when she grabs a handful of his t-shirt to wipe off his spit.

"You fucking disgusting beast!" Loki hisses, then, gives him a little shove to the chest once she's done wiping off his mucus. Thor laughs again, and Loki glares murderously at him as she grits out, "It's still not funny!"

Thor smirks, because he just knows she's remembering all the times he used to do that do her when they were kids and she would scream in horror and run to tell their mother on him.

Fuck, he really has missed Loki more than damn well anything. More than happiness itself, because...well, Loki is his true happiness and always was. He was just too much of an idiot to see it, and then, too much of a coward to do anything about it when he finally did see it.

"I'm sorry. Here-I think you missed a little bit." Thor sounds sincere as he gently grabs her wrist and pulls her hand back towards his chest.

"Ugh." Loki grimaces a little, but lets him take her hand...and then, squeals again and yanks it back to her own chest when he lifts it back to his mouth and shamelessly gives her palm a firm and soaking lick. "THOR!!! You-FUCK YOU!!"

Thor can't remember the last time he laughed this hard (with anyone that isn't Love, of course), but here he is, his hands clutching at his aching stomach, because he's laughing so hard.

***
Thor watches Loki finally turning the kitchen sink tap off (after five minutes of scrubbing her hand clean.) When she turns, he's already holding out a hand towel for her. He smiles innocently down at her when she narrows her eyes suspiciously up at him.

"If you ever do that again, I will turn your tongue into copper." Loki's voice is calm, though, there's a clear warning edge to it.

"I swear." Thor lifts his free hand up with two crossed fingers and offers a cheesy grin.

Loki's eyes narrow a little more before she finally nods and snatches the towel from his hand to dry her own. Loki chuckles rather breathlessly when she looks up to find him staring at her with that odd look of amazement-the one he should be giving his daughter, not her. She hands the towel back to him and takes a little leap of her own (yes, she was earwigging on his thoughts-and what?!)

Loki moves a little closer to him and slowly lifts her hands to lightly cup both his heavily bearded cheeks (she briefly wonders if he dyes his facial hair, or if it just grew dark with age, like his grandfather's; Bor.) For a moment, as his eyes flutter shut, she stares at him and almost gets lost in the beauty of that perfect golden face.

When she feels him sigh quietly and lean into her light touch, Loki snaps back out of her own thoughts, and again, she (firmly) tells him, "I'm here."

-said that last time...

"Fuck." Thor quietly mumbles as he pulls his face away from her touch. He knows she heard him thinking that. He doesn't even need to see the sad look he sees now on her face to know it when he finally opens his eyes and looks back at her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I know it wasn't your fault."

Loki doesn't respond, because she doesn't feel the need to. None of that is important, not anymore, not now. Instead, she reaches out to grab his hand, and with a teasing (hopeful) smile, she asks him, "If you plan on keeping me all yourself, where exactly did you plan on taking me for our date?"