Strike Your King

Love rolls her eyes at her father and looks very annoyed with him right now. "What the heck was that?!" She snaps at her father, shaking her head in dismay.

"I didn't tell her to leave!" Thor squeals out before he can control himself.

"Well, you didn't try hard enough to stop her either! And what was with that look?! Are you ashamed of Loki, or something?!" Love snaps back, keeping her voice low so neither Loki nor Aunt Brunnhilde can hear-thankfully, Aunt Brunnhilde usually just knocks once and waits outside for her.

"What?! No!" Thor can't even believe she's asking him that.

"Then..." Love tilts her head and trails off as she deflates with a look of confusion.

Thor sighs loudly, runs a hand over his already furiously flushing face. "I just... I wanted some time alone with her...first...just for a little while."

Love dares not to get excited until she gets a proper answer here. She eyes him carefully, though, still sounds smugly amused when she speaks. "You mean that you want her all to yourself before you have to share her with the rest of the universe?"

She grins cheekily when Thor shoots her a withered look. He rolls his eyes, but nods. "Yes, OK. Is that what you want to hear?"

"No. I want to hear you telling me that you're going to tell her how you feel about her."

Thor chuckles at her bluntness. "It's not as easy as you make it sound."

Love ignores his helpless look. "Why not?" She snorts when he shoots her another withered look. "She looks at you the same way you look at her. She always has. I've seen it in your memories-and in Aunt Brunnhilde's, too."

Thor wants to scold her for looking into his mind, but with the look of pure determination on his daughter's face, he just doesn't have the heart to. He knows she's only just trying to help. And it makes him love her even more than he already does.

"It doesn't count, you know?" Love says and offers him a softly reassuring smile. "If you never had brotherly feelings, you were never supposed to be her brother, so, you don't have to feel guilty."

Thor shoots her an annoyed sort of impressed look. He sighs, already feels dejected as he asks, "And what if you're wrong? What if what you saw in my memories were simply my emotions letting me see what I want?"

Love nods as she thinks about that. "It's possible. But that still doesn't explain Aunt Brunnhilde's memories." She smiles deviously up at him through narrowed eyes of mischief as she tells him, "OR why Loki got all flustered when I mentioned you were in the shower last night."

Thor's mouth falls open in shock at his little monster's words. And then, his face flushes deeply as he registers what her words actually mean.

Love giggles and points up at his face as she chirps out, "Yeah-like that."

Thor slaps both his hands automatically over his heated cheeks and glares down at her when she giggles loudly at him. He pulls his hands away, takes a deep breath and narrows his eyes cautiously down at her as he mutters, "You're making that up."

Love chuckles. "Really not." She holds up a hand and crosses her index and middle finger in a silent promise.

"Wha-" Thor takes a moment to pretend like he actually believes his little monster's words. Lying isn't really one of her things-unlike a certain Trickster Goddess.

"OK, well, I'm going to school now. Bye!"

"What? Wait!" Thor snaps his head towards where Love is already grabbing her bag up and bounding towards the front door.