Heart Hurting

Love giggles to herself (because she already knows what's coming, and she's just so bloody thrilled!)

"Oh, Loki." Thor leans in to press a kiss to her forehead. "I wish I could say that I have always seen you the way you have seen me, but..." He wrinkles his nose, "Well, that would be very creepy and wrong."

Whatever trouble is coming her way for this, Love thinks it's totally worth it as she grins up at her wall mounted TV screen. She pretends to watch the screen closely, while well aware of Loki's wide eyed look of shock.

Loki's mouth hangs open after swirling around to face the TV. There, on the screen, is herself and Thor.

"So... I..." Loki lets him slide his arms around her waist and hug him to her. She wraps her arms halfway around his own waist and finally breaks out into a small and shy smile as she looks up at him. "I'm the love of your life?"

"Yes." Thor breathes out with a dopey grin.

"Yesss!!!" Love cheer-hisses, pumping a fist into the air.

Loki fights back the urge to slap the girl around the back of the head. Instead, she chokes out a pathetic scoff as she scrambles over to switch the TV off. When Loki turns back to face Love with an annoyed look, Love simply smiles innocently up at her.

"You cheeky little shit..." Loki grumbles out, half smirking (because it's totally something Loki herself would do), then, half widens her eyes in horror when she realises-"Don't tell your father I cursed in front of you." She quietly demands (subtly begs) as she lifts a finger to the girl's face.

Love fights back a smirk as she reaches out to gently grip the end of Loki's finger. She playfully shakes the woman's hand back and forth as she nods and says, "No problem. Aunt Brunnhilde swears in front of me all the time."

Loki blinks, looks slightly uneasy. "Yes, well...the fact that you're telling me that, doesn't really inspire much confidence on your secret keeping."

Love simply nods in acceptance as she gives a casual shrug.

Loki rolls her eyes, shoots her a light scolding look. She eyes the girl suspiciously, though, she doesn't know why as she asks, "Were you spying on us?"

"Yes."

Loki blinks, then, chuckles at the girl's shameless boldness. Loki crosses her arms over her chest, narrows her eyes again, this time, with mild annoyance.

"But only for, like, a minute, or two, I swear." Love sighs with defeat, head hanging halfway between her shoulders. (Though, Loki is impressed with the fact that she doesn't break eye contact. Thor taunt her well.) "And only 'cause I felt his heart hurting again."

This immediately grabs Loki's attention. She kneels down on the rug beside the girl, expression as soft as her tone as she asks, "What do you mean? Why is his heart hurting? Is he-" (And then, she slowly descends into a panic...)

(Thankfully, someone is there to stop here as) Love grabs one of Loki's hands in both her own. She gives it a soft squeeze to calm the goddess before explaining, "I meant metaphorically." She regards Loki with blatant pointed look, then, motions towards the TV. Love smiles when she sees a faint blush rising to the woman's cheeks. "It was only for a few moments, and I was worried that something might have happened to you, so I checked in on you both. And I know I would feel if something bad were to happen to you, but I-"

"It's OK, sweet child." Loki runs a gentle hand through the girl's mousy brown curls. "Just..." Loki winces, feels slightly sheepish, but she will take this conversation for Thor's sake (even though she really would love to see him try to have this kind of talk with his daughter-Loki can just imagine the panic on his face as she laughs her fucking arse off at him.) Love glances to her with curiosity, and Loki takes a small but deep breath before speaking up, "Maybe only check in on your father when you feel his sadness or his pain...OK?"