two

°。

°。

kazemi ended up having to stay at the butterfly for another month. while sprinting away, she'd actually sprained her ankle pretty bad. it would take 2 weeks to heal with the help of breathing techniques, and the remaining weeks would be for rest. shinobu realized the girl had mastered total concentration breathing: constant, which made the healing process much more smooth.

one week had passed since then. shinobu had gotten to know the girl quite a bit. though, she didn't speak much, unless prompted to with a question. kazemi was concerningly quiet. her footwork was nearly silent, and, even with the insect hashira's advanced senses, she could just barely catch onto kazemi's presence.

most of their discussions were quite one sided. though, shinobu had found something that the young girl was very knowledgeable in!

fish. 

shinobu had asked her various questions on fish, after finding out she seemed to enjoy talking about it. an almost unnoticeable spark showed up in her eyes when she spoke of those marine animals. she'd also showed the kinoto her goldfish. kazemi was very fascinated.

that was what brought them to now. the two were having a discussion on, you guessed it, fish.

"oh, that's quite fascinating! i never knew mantis shrimp could see that many colours! even ultraviolet light!" shinobu was genuinely intrigued. as a demon slayer, who also grew up a little too fast with her unfortunate upbringing, she never had time to study things like this. she wasn't completely unaware of the sea life around her, but it wasn't like she was an expert. 

she excelled a lot more in the study of chemistry, as well as health. knowing about fish and marine life wasn't particularly something needed when you were a devoted demon slayer.

after shinobu stated that, she realized that kazemi was staring very intently at her.

"oh? is something wrong-" she got cut off.

"you look like a purple betta fish."

shinobu knew what kind of fish that was. its proper name was a siamese fighting fish. they were very pretty. although, she didn't really know how to feel about being compared to one.

"uhh... i will take that as a compliment. thank you." shinobu smiled kindly. then, a question popped up in her head. "you seem to like fish a lot. do you mind telling me your favourite?"

kazemi pondered about it for a little, before answering.

"my favourite fish is a leafy sea dragon. but, my favourite marine animal is an immortal jellyfish."

shinobu perked up a little at the mention of an "immortal jellyfish."

"hmmm... i don't quite know what an immortal jellyfish looks like. would you mind showing me? i have a few books on sea life in my office!" shinobu walked over to her office to go get some of them, before coming back and handing them to kazemi. she had these books for sumi, kiyo, and naho, since they liked to read in their free time.