three

°。

°。

"CAW! CAW! MISSION! FUKUKO LAKE! 47 SLAYERS HAVE GONE MISSING! HEAD EAST! EAST!"

'which way is east again...'

her crow screamed louder when she went the wrong way, and pecked at her head.

"DUMMY! STUPID! EAST! RIGHT! GO!" her crow screeched. she glared at it, clutching the side of her head that it pecked at before running to the right, as quickly as possible.

in about an hour, she made it. the destination was quite far.

it was very dark out, but there was a full moon in the sky, directly above the large lake. it illuminated the area quite nicely. kazemi would've admired the scenery for longer, if she hadn't heard a loud, shrill scream all of a sudden. 

she unsheathed her sword, the turquoise blade glinting in the moonlight. she slowly walked towards where she presumably heard the noise.

after slicing through some bushes, she found a woman, sobbing as she laid on the ground in fetal position. her long, soot black hair completely covered her face.

kazemi's gaze immediately sharpened. 

'demon.'

she could sense that this was a demon. the pale complexion, and the sharp nails the "woman" had were telltale signs. not to mention, why would she be screaming? she had no injuries.

with no hesitation, she swung her sword down. just as she reached the nape, spine-like tendrils sprouted out her back from all directions, zooming towards her at alarming speeds. she immediately reacted.

'breath of the sea, first form: malevolent whirlpool.' she swung her sword in a circular motion, slicing all the tendrils in one swift movement. they fell to the floor, motionless. kazemi immediately sensed another coming attack from below and jumped as high as possible. 

just in time, because a mere second later, a huge set of jaws protruded from the ground and snapped at where she once was. she knew this demon was gonna be a big deal. 

more and more of the spinal cords came at her. they were razor sharp at the ends.

'breath of the sea, third form: tsunami's wrath.' in fluid movements, her sword simply glided through each projectile. she had realized that the amount of bones had risen bit by bit, almost going unnoticed. 

slowly, it was becoming too much. and, the moment she got too occupied, she noticed a presence behind her. the demon had finally showed itself. 

in a moment's notice, she thrust her sword backwards. it stabbed the demon in the eye, making him scream out in a mix of pain and surprise. the few dozen bony structures halted their attacks, and fell limp. she immediately hopped backwards after that, to gain a good distance and analyze the situation. 

the demon was sickeningly pale, almost looking green. his baby blue, almost white eyes were naturally wide set and strained, and there were weird blue markings on his face. he had his black, orange-tipped hair in four messy buns. his outfit was also so confusing and ugly, the author doesnt even know how to explain it.

"hm, i see you didn't fall victim to my intelligent trap! this may be a promising fight!" the demon chuckled mockingly. he was way, way too overconfident. 

in other words, he was ungodly ugly.

a twisted, lopsided grin began to appear on the guy's face.

"HAHAH! YOU MUST BE TREMBLING IN FEAR, LITTLE GIRL, FOR I AM KAMANUE, THE HOLDER OF THE LOWERMOON 6 POSITION!" he laughed demonically.

'...i can't even compare you to a goblin shark, since that'd be an insult to their species.' she thought inwardly.

"oh? too stunned to speak, aren't you? well, let me put you out your misery with my blood demon art, osteokinesis! i can manipulate bones of any kind!" 

kazemi stayed silent, ignoring his stupid, squeaky, annoying fucking voice and instead focusing on her surroundings, in case of an attack. and, just as she thought, an attack came.

a bone tendril tried to grasp her neck. she simply sliced it off. 

the demon wasn't all that strong. his blood demon art just made it unnecessarily annoying and tricky to behead him. any time kazumi tried to get close, the bones would encase her, and she'd have to fend them off. by the time she was done slicing, wakuraba would've switched spots, or tried to attack. it was an endless cycle. 

the demon was a total coward. he hid, and only ever came out at the right time. he didn't deserve his spot in the twelve kizuki. not to mention the fact he was literally the lowest.

it had been going on for a whole 20 minutes. she was unscathed, but tired. the stupid boney bitch wouldn't stop, and her stamina could only go so far. she didn't want to end up in the butterfly estate again and trouble shinobu, so she did not feel like attempting anything rash.

soon, though, she had found a pattern in his attacks.

a spine tendril attacks from the left, and once that's deflected, it goes for the right instead. after both fail, a huge cluster of bones charge towards her. the moment she gets occupied with fending them off, kamanue tries to attack her from behind. when that fails, a smaller tendril tries to wrap around her neck. then, the cycle repeats.

she had an opening now.

the moment the cycle repeated, she was ready.

'an attack from the left.' 

just as she expected, it came. she didn't have to deflect it, this time. she simply ducked.

'next, an attack from the right.'

this one also missed her, since she was still in a crouched position. she was now preparing for the barrage of attacks. just as she thought, they arrived. in one fluid motion, just like the movement of water, she sliced them all.

she sensed kamanue appear behind her. she saw the opening thread.

'breath of the sea, second form: unforgiving waters.' in a 180° motion, she swiftly turned around,

and kamanue's head fell off like butter.

first, there was silence. then, he was screaming. next, he began to cry, sobbing over how "all i ever wanted to do was save my sister on that fateful night!"

unfortunately, kazemi really couldn't give two shits about his backstory. she stomped on his severed head, crushing it. she then realized that the headless body was trying to run away.

'even a coward at death, huh?'

she kicked the body, and it never got up again. kazemi didn't wanna stay there any longer. she'd finished her mission. she didn't like the night, anyway.

°。

ubuyashiki had caught news of the slaying of a twelve kizuki. he was incredibly gleeful. the hashira slots were full, so he could not promote the girl to the pillar rank. although, he did want to meet her personally, in order to thank her graciously.

words couldn't describe just how happy he was.

one small step closer to ending muzan kibutsuji.

°。

im so shit at fighting scenes istfg

anyways... i swear shes not op, that was literally lowermoon 6 😭😭😭

she will get stronger later

unedited